Crime & Safety in DR

O

Onions/Carrots

We need Trujillo or Alfonso Rodriguez to end this crime spree gripping the island. This ghetto trash feels emboldened by the lax policies of the PLD. They cater to and coddle teenage criminals. Round them up and execute them as they did in the days of Trujillo and Balaguer.

B

Big

We need Trujillo or Alfonso Rodriguez to end this crime spree gripping the island. This ghetto trash feels emboldened by the lax policies of the PLD. They cater to and coddle teenage criminals. Round them up and execute them as they did in the days of Trujillo and Balaguer.

Good morning to you my ray of sunshine amigo.

B

bob saunders

I don't it needs to go that far, but better enforcement and stiffer penalty ( no cellphones....etc in jail)

C

cobraboy

O/C, I have missed the wit and brutal wisdom of your posts.

C

Caonabo

I don't it needs to go that far, but better enforcement and stiffer penalty ( no cellphones....etc in jail)

"I can no longer sit in my house watching how they destroy my country, the country where I was born, the only country in the world where I am not discriminated against and where I am not an immigrant, the country that was once the ideal to raise my children. Because I can not remain silent without doing anything while corruption leads my country to total collapse in all aspects." -Alfonso Rodríguez

B

bob saunders

"I can no longer sit in my house watching how they destroy my country, the country where I was born, the only country in the world where I am not discriminated against and where I am not an immigrant, the country that was once the ideal to raise my children. Because I can not remain silent without doing anything while corruption leads my country to total collapse in all aspects." -Alfonso Rodríguez

there is a line that shouldn't be crossed unless absolutely necessary between individual rights and an orderly society.

C

cobraboy

I actually got a chance to have lunch with Alfonso Rodriguez a few months ago. He is an interesting, funny...and sincere...man.

He truly sees himself as the Dominican Donald Trump.

C

cobraboy

Oh my God! Please, no!
Trump's improbable win was the genesis of Alfonso's motivation.

Trump's successes have further motivated him.

It's not about Trump's policies at all. It is the outsider David taking on the corrupt establishment Goliath. Do you care to argue the current DR political establishment is not corrupt and could use some outsider shaking up?

And it is happening all over the world.

R

rfp

Oh my God! Please, no!

Can you imagine how a Donald could improve the lives of every Dominican just as he has with every American ?

A man who is wealthy, successful, beloved and willing to sacrifice the best of himself for his patria

O

Onions/Carrots

O/C, I have missed the wit and brutal wisdom of your posts.

Thank you but please explain Colonel Saunders (PLD waterboy) catering to and coddling hard core murderers? He wants to restrict their cell phone use?? That's it. That's how you eliminate crime by a time out or go stand in a corner. Please explain his bizarre post.

B

bob saunders

Thank you but please explain Colonel Saunders (PLD waterboy) catering to and coddling hard core murderers? He wants to restrict their cell phone use?? That's it. That's how you eliminate crime by a time out or go stand in a corner. Please explain his bizarre post.

Perhaps you didn't analyse my statement very well. Under your mano duro a lot of innocent or petty crimes would be punished by death. Once you kill somebody that's innocent you can't bring them back to life. The problem doesn't lie with the laws but the police, the judges and the prison system. The corruption is the problem. If I didn't know better I would you are a liberal, picking one word (cellphones) and ignoring the first part of the sentence ( better enforcement and stiffer penalty) Carry on.

J

jimmythegreek

Perhaps you didn't analyse my statement very well. Under your mano duro a lot of innocent or petty crimes would be punished by death. Once you kill somebody that's innocent you can't bring them back to life. The problem doesn't lie with the laws but the police, the judges and the prison system. The corruption is the problem. If I didn't know better I would you are a liberal, picking one word (cellphones) and ignoring the first part of the sentence ( better enforcement and stiffer penalty) Carry on.

Spot on Bob-The laws are there in escito, but the corruption has just impeded the legal system from functioning properly-even still yet being a 'civil law' system that originates from France.

F

frank recktenwald

Hellooooo, you guys seem to forget that the DR even though it has many jeepetas, Rolex's, multi million $ villas that it still is a 3rd world country.
Third world country means lots of poverty, very poor education and off course lots of corruption and crime.
IMHO "mano duro" won't bring many if any changes unless the government first takes care of the poverty and education.

S

SantiagueroRD

Good Morning. I remember back in the day in PD Patrol late night gas ups sometimes the guys would start a "lets start a death squad" talk. My response was "who gets to choose who dies?".