Page 36 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to mention you have the coolest user name which a love of comics would explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Scorpion View Post
    Soy un hombre de casera. I'm not into the bar or club scene, actually I'm almost finished with my fifth book this year, I'm reading a book about Alexander the Great, one more chapter to go and I'm done. When I'm not reading a history book I'm either reading comic books, watching documentaries or playing computer games. I spend a lot of time researching and thinking about things.

2. Likes Dark_Scorpion liked this post
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Any new news on this event?

This resort is in Playa Nueva Romana near SAN PEDRO DE MACORIS. In fact, its deep into the province on the mouth of the Soco River. There is actually no resorts for miles to the left and to the right too. I know the owners want people to believe its in La Romana, but it isn’t. This used to be the Santana Resort owned by the Dominican government, then sold to Grupo Piñero who spruced up the hotel by building new stuff and a luxurious new hotel side-by-side.

The resort is owned by the Piñero family, a Spanish family that has many hotels in the DR, Mexico, and Spain too.

So, anyone has new content about the couple and the woman that died here? They make up what, less than 1% of the people that stay in this resort on a yearly basis?

Polls Forum Moderator

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Superpana View Post
    After seeing the way the Pennsylvania woman died, this is looking more and more like alcohol poisoning. The hotel might have received a batch of bootleg liquors which is a problem in D.R. and this might have been the cause of the couple dying as well. The gentleman did complain about not feeling well days earlier, but his lady was fine. If they both decided to indulge in a last night before we go in room drink, then they might have suffered the same fate, What is strange to me is that I saw no mention of this case in the D.R. Newspapers, yet it happened before the other couple died at the same resort......Cover up perhaps?
    That's my guess, tainted liquor. They do that a lot in Mexico so it's finally reached the DR

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Whats that Exdr?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    Whats that Exdr?
    Maybe he meant "bootleg, or falsified". I've drank hundreds of cases of Brugal, some Cleren (sp?) and lots of other sh-- booze, but have never been poisoned.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Barbara Corcoran brother also died

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post
    Any new news on this event?

This resort is in Playa Nueva Romana near SAN PEDRO DE MACORIS. In fact, its deep into the province on the mouth of the Soco River. There is actually no resorts for miles to the left and to the right too. I know the owners want people to believe its in La Romana, but it isn’t. This used to be the Santana Resort owned by the Dominican government, then sold to Grupo Piñero who spruced up the hotel by building new stuff and a luxurious new hotel side-by-side.

The resort is owned by the Piñero family, a Spanish family that has many hotels in the DR, Mexico, and Spain too.

So, anyone has new content about the couple and the woman that died here? They make up what, less than 1% of the people that stay in this resort on a yearly basis?
    I've been checking Dominican Today and there hasn't been any updates, although a former CIA guy named Matthew Bradley assessed the situation in the DR saying that he considers the country safe and that people should not cancel their reservations:

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/touris...ination-label/

I agree with Mr. Bradley overall. Compared to Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria or Venezuela I'd say the DR is very safe. But I think the resort where these deaths occurred should be shut down. You say that the three people that died are less than 1 percent of the guests who stay there, but if you have a bowl of punch, only a single fly has to land in it to ruin it.

Those guests entrusted their lives to that resort and they were betrayed. They could have went anywhere, to Phuket in Thailand, Bali, the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, the Maldives, Jamaica, or another Dominican resort. Instead they chose that resort and now they're dead. I'm sorry but heads need to roll over this, someone should lose their job and be sent to prison or the whole place should be shut down. I'm sick and tired of people screwing up, causing the deaths of others, and then getting off lightly, especially wealthy and powerful people. Someone has to be held accountable. Imagine if that were your parents or your relatives that died?

9. Likes cjewell liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Scorpion View Post
    I've been checking Dominican Today and there hasn't been any updates, although a former CIA guy named Matthew Bradley assessed the situation in the DR saying that he considers the country safe and that people should not cancel their reservations:

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/touris...ination-label/

I agree with Mr. Bradley overall. Compared to Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria or Venezuela I'd say the DR is very safe. But I think the resort where these deaths occurred should be shut down. You say that the three people that died are less than 1 percent of the guests who stay there, but if you have a bowl of punch, only a single fly has to land in it to ruin it.

Those guests entrusted their lives to that resort and they were betrayed. They could have went anywhere, to Phuket in Thailand, Bali, the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, the Maldives, Jamaica, or another Dominican resort. Instead they chose that resort and now they're dead. I'm sorry but heads need to roll over this, someone should lose their job and be sent to prison or the whole place should be shut down. I'm sick and tired of people screwing up, causing the deaths of others, and then getting off lightly, especially wealthy and powerful people. Someone has to be held accountable. Imagine if that were your parents or your relatives that died?
    what happens if the outcome is too much alcohol, drugs and\or a heart attack, should heads still roll

11. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

If you dont know at least 5-10 people PERSONALLY in your Life who have suddenly died of a Heart attack in their 50's , u have a very small circle ...or you are a very young person or just very very fortunate .
    Heart attacks happen on Vacation, just as easily as at home, if not more so.. Without a Toxicology report it means absolutely nothing.

13. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    If you dont know at least 5-10 people PERSONALLY in your Life who have suddenly died of a Heart attack in their 50's , u have a very small circle ...or you are a very young person or just very very fortunate .
    Heart attacks happen on Vacation, just as easily as at home, if not more so.. Without a Toxicology report it means absolutely nothing.
    If that couple did not die at the same time there would most likely be none of these discussions.

15. Likes drstock liked this post