Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    not knowing how to deal with them? what does that mean? the poor are people too, just like the guys who live in the Naco penthouses. there is nothing mysterious about them. they are prone to displays of awkward social graces, and oftentimes violent outbursts, but that is not why the upper echelons avoid them. they just do not want to be in the company of people whom they consider to be their inferiors.

i remember being in a club/restaurant in POP which only plays jazz music as background. a guy came in during the night with his female companion, and , after a while, called the waiter over and asked him to play some bachata selections. the owner was incensed, told the waiter to forget about making a bill, and asked the guy to go and seek his entertainment elsewhere. they are the cream of POP society. they were there to listen to Miles Davis, and Billy Holiday, and not to some bachata crooner.
    That's the club I want to go to. Sounds like Skina. Where the owner has some classy taste

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElVenao View Post
    There is a lot of safety concerns in the DR. I am unsure if you live or lived there. There are a lot of people that are elitists and classicists but I believe you're not acknowledging a general concern for safety, avoiding "barrios", avoiding mingling with strangers or areas you're not familiar with and the likelihood of how lack of resources and profound poverty can create a climate that makes individuals more prone to crime, hence some people just try to avoid exposure altogether.

Now, if those people in a controlled and safe environment would still not mingle with people with lower socioeconomic status then yes, that would be being a "comemierda"
    there is nothing unusual about people avoiding barrios. people in every country eschew unnecessary trips to areas of a country which are unsafe. nobody wants to be ducking bullets, if they do not have to. however, that is not the only reason that people from Naco do not hang in Los Mina. they see no common bond between themselves and their gardener.

3. Likes Marianopolita liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    That's the club I want to go to. Sounds like Skina. Where the owner has some classy taste
    he does have classy taste. half his cds were once mine.

5. Likes Caonabo, chico bill liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

IT IS A PROBLEM IN ALL RELATIONS THAT I HAVE. PARTICULARLY WITH WOMEN. LESS SO FOR MEN THAT HAVE A JOB.
    I DO NOT DEAL WITH DOMINICANS ON A SOCIAL LEVEL ANYMORE...FOR THIS REASON. THEY NEED MONEY, I HAVE MONEY, THEY WANT IT

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rogerramjet1 View Post
    IT IS A PROBLEM IN ALL RELATIONS THAT I HAVE. PARTICULARLY WITH WOMEN. LESS SO FOR MEN THAT HAVE A JOB.
    I DO NOT DEAL WITH DOMINICANS ON A SOCIAL LEVEL ANYMORE...FOR THIS REASON. THEY NEED MONEY, I HAVE MONEY, THEY WANT IT
    can I get a loan

8. Likes Fulano2, drstock liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Prestame aunque sea medio million.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    i am amused by some of the ideas expressed in the Big Papi thread, suggesting that since Papi has made it big, he should leave his beginnings behind, and go more upscale...keep better friends, so to speak.

it is not that easy. Dona Mercedes Vega y Vega y Mas Vega does not care how many home runs he and Sammy Sosa hit during their playing days. they are not buying the house next door, and putting a cockfight arena in the backyard. there will be no scantily clad floozies running from some guy with his pants dropping off his arse in the neighborhood in which she grew up. her ancestors, who came on the Santa Maria, would squirm in their graves.

This sort of happened to me. I was shopping for a house in Santiago while in the U.S. and my trusted cousin (an attorney) was negotiating for me. I see a house we like via video and send my cousin to start negotiations. The owner would not consider selling to me until he knew my family background. I told him thanks but no thanks, his house sits on the market still and he kept calling my cousin asking me to reconsider. Sorry dude, lost your chance.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be happy with a neighbour that won't sell his house to anyone with just money. You never know nowadays. Don't feel offended.

12. Likes NanSanPedro, Caonabo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Rey de Mangu View Post
    Funny that all the Dominicans in the Bx and WH take the subway down to Herald Square for shopping at Macy's
    those one-day-sales aint no joke. and 34th street has the best selection.

14. Likes El Rey de Mangu, Africaida liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

10% of Doms are wealthy....thats why they think that

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast