Río San Juan: 10 years for stabbing Frenchman

T

tee

Strange, both reports neglected to name the victim, which, I am sure that the victim probably does not mind in case there is some sort of 'revenge'! But normally here in the news reports they would put the victims name, ID number (cedula or passport) and a photo. There is usually not much discretion in news reports here but certainly seems the case this time!

E

etolw

Yes, they omitted the victims name for security reasons
«la víctima de 46 años de edad, cuyo nombre se omite por razones de seguridad»

F

Fulano2

Thats something special, por razones de seguridad, while he is dead. I cant imagine his wife will stay here with a husband dead.

It's time for the DR1 inspectors to start with their investigation. Put on the white gloves!

A

AlterEgo

Thats something special, por razones de seguridad, while he is dead. I cant imagine his wife will stay here with a husband dead.

It's time for the DR1 inspectors to start with their investigation. Put on the white gloves!

Is he dead? I got the impression he survived

B

bob saunders

Stabbed in the butt from behind, causing permanent muscle damage, and no the victim is not dead.

W

william webster

I expect the 'seguridad' issue is because victim pursued the attack thru the proper channels.....

and is being protected from retaliation....

The system at work - if I'm right !!

E

Ecoman1949

Stabbed in the butt from behind, causing permanent muscle damage, and no the victim is not dead.

Rectum? Rectum? Damn near killed him! Apologies in advance folks and no disrespect intended towards the victim. I'm glad he survived the assault. I tend to see the horror, humour, and irony in things. Like the post elsewhere about the giraffes being killed by lightening. They are magnificent animals. I'm sorry they were killed but you have to see the irony in how they died. It's ironic and it puts Darwin's theory about survival of the fittest in question.

W

waytogo

Rectum? Rectum? Damn near killed him! Apologies in advance folks and no disrespect intended towards the victim. I'm glad he survived the assault. I tend to see the horror, humor, and irony in things. Like the post elsewhere about the giraffes being killed by lightening. They are magnificent animals. I'm sorry they were killed but you have to see the irony in how they died. It's ironic and it puts Darwin's theory about survival of the fittest in question.

Oy vey.....

C

CristoRey

Just because someone receives a long sentence here,
in this case 10 years, does not mean they'll spend it
sitting in a jail cell. That is not how things work in the DR.

M

miguel james

Know the French guy. Let's just say that somedays he is in terrible pain.