Junk truck. What are they saying? How much? and what do they do with it?

S

sosuadr

Q1: What "Exactly" are they saying when they drive through?
We buy, we buy Old batteries, Iron... that's about all I make out but I know they are saying more.

Q2 Also how much do you get for "junk"?
Batteries seem to be about 500dop?

Q3 What do they do with it all???
I have considered following them for the day to see where they end up with all this stuff
WOW.... Old bed mattresses, Plastic chairs... I cant think what get "repurposed" with some of the old stuff.

C

ctrob

I don't think they pay for everything. Lead and steel maybe. But the rest is just a convenience type thing for getting rid of it.

I think somebody cleans up the old bed springs and recovers them with new material.

Broken Plastic chairs, you combine two together and get one

D

Derfish

Q1: What "Exactly" are they saying when they drive through?
We buy, we buy Old batteries, Iron... that's about all I make out but I know they are saying more.

Q2 Also how much do you get for "junk"?
Batteries seem to be about 500dop?

Q3 What do they do with it all???
I have considered following them for the day to see where they end up with all this stuff
WOW.... Old bed mattresses, Plastic chairs... I cant think what get "repurposed" with some of the old stuff.

Each one has his own spiel. But they buy scrap metal and all manner of other scrap that they have found a market for. I found a guy in Chattanooga who paid $.05 per pound for scrap plastic. Wish I could find a buyer here for it. I vcould put together a crew and collect tons daily.They burn the cloth off the mattresses and sell the springs, unless the mattress is in good enuff condition to recover. I had a guy who paid me one half peso for empty Presidente botles when I had a bar here a few years ago. Don't know where he sold them or at what price, but I got an extra $10 a month out of the transaction.
Derfish

D

Derfish

I don't think they pay for everything. Lead and steel maybe. But the rest is just a convenience type thing for getting rid of it.

I think somebody cleans up the old bed springs and recovers them with new material.

Broken Plastic chairs, you combine two together and get one

But what motive would they have to collect that which is not saleble? As in your first paragraph. Do you think the govt pays for the clean up aspect of it?
Derfish

W

william webster

I think 1 peso a bottle is Full Price

We have a wheelbarrow guy... collecting dawn to dusk - far & wide