Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hotels have 60 days to install cameras

computer translation:

After cases in hotels Tourism gives 60 days to install security cameras

This was reported by MITUR in a circular signed by the minister Francisco Javier García

Diario Libre - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 05/06/2019, 12:40 PM

The Ministry of Tourism (MITUR) granted a period of 60 days to hotel establishments in the Dominican Republic to install surveillance cameras, as ordered by Resolution No. 43-08 of the entity, regarding the latest events that have been submitted to the international scrutiny the security situation in the tourist poles of the nation.

This was reported by MITUR in a circular signed by the Minister Francisco Javier García, which warns that the failure to observe this measure could lead to the withdrawal of the operating license, "independently of any other measure that may be applicable or pertinent".

The content of the document, which was signed on Tuesday, June 4, is aligned with the ordinances of Decree No. 818-03, on the Functioning of Hotel Establishments.

The decision was made after an American tourist, Tammy Lawrence-Daley, reported that she was brutally beaten at a resort in Punta Cana.

Added to this case is the death of the husbands Edward Nathael Holmes, 63, and Cynthia Ann Day, 49, whose bodies were found in a room at the Bahia Principe hotel, located in the tourist complex Playa Nueva Romana.

Following link has image of the law

https://www.diariolibre.com/economia...dad-LC12983549

Administrator
    DR1.com

2. Likes cavok, Polar Bear, Bred, KyleMackey, dulce and 3 others liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Who was that looking for advise as to a bidness to go into here? Buy a bunch of cameras on Amazon and go for it.

4. Likes KyleMackey liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

As I posted before surveillance cameras are probably not common in the residential areas of the resorts.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Every year at this time, the Ministerio de Turismo comes up with some ridiculous idea to get businesses to spend money after high season. I have never ever seen a security camera at a resort yet.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seamonkey View Post
    Every year at this time, the Ministerio de Turismo comes up with some ridiculous idea to get businesses to spend money after high season. I have never ever seen a security camera at a resort yet.
    Interesting. So, I wonder why people in the other threads are all wanting to see the videos......

8. Likes AlterEgo, Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

There are plenty - and how the Nigerian man who choked a Dominican mother of 4 to death is Sosua recently was ID'd carrying her body out the front door. So it can protect Dominican guests too.

Even some small colmados have them
    Last edited by chico bill; 06-05-2019 at 06:12 PM.

10. Likes Big, bigbird, KateP liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    There are plenty - and how the Nigerian man who choked a Dominican mother of 4 to death is Sosua recently was ID'd carry here body out the front door. So it can protect Dominican guests too.

Even some small colmados have them
    That place is a resort? Also it was the lobby, not the residential areas.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

?? I have never ever not seen them. I even see them in restaurants and businesses.

13. Likes chico bill liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KyleMackey View Post
    That place is a resort? Also it was the lobby, not the residential areas.
    You haven't been to enough resorts - they are ubiquitous in many places. Maybe they are hidden, don't work or are just 'dummies' but look around next time you go to an AI or any hotel

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    You haven't been to enough resorts - they are ubiquitous in many places. Maybe they are hidden, don't work or are just 'dummies' but look around next time you go to an AI or any hotel
    Can you post some photos of them at AIs, in the residential areas?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast