Looking for an Excel expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beeza

I'm looking for a computer whizz who is an expert at modifying or creating macro functions within Excel.

We have a small retail business and we use a heavily macro embedded Excel spreadsheet to use as our POS (point of sale) system. The system works really well and does everything we need apart from one function.

Our accountant is not happy with the way that it generates the sales vouchers. To comply with DGII, you are assigned receipt numbers (comprobantes) and every transaction is sequenced. DGII can and have been entering premises and demanding to see the books/records at any time. Our accountant told us that a whole bus load of DGII inspectors have been doing the rounds on the North Coast recently. Those not in compliance are faced with penalties.

Our current system generates receipt numbers by date followed by transaction sequence number. I'm looking for someone with an in depth knowledge of Excel to modify that macro. Preferably also someone with working knowledge of the Dominican tax system. I found this system online and was developed by an amateur who sold second hand books at market events. It works perfectly with all the POS hardware that we have and it just needs a slight tweak. Failing that, we would have to invest in a new POS system.

C

cobraboy

Are you sure you need an Excel expert?

It sounds like a script that uses Excel, not Excel itself.

I know a top guy who could help, but he is not cheap. His business us setting up such systems.

I could hook you up and y'all can work it out. He still owns a condo in Sosua I think. He's Dominican but lives in the states.

K

KyleMackey

I'm looking for a computer whizz who is an expert at modifying or creating macro functions within Excel.

We have a small retail business and we use a heavily macro embedded Excel spreadsheet to use as our POS (point of sale) system. The system works really well and does everything we need apart from one function.

Our accountant is not happy with the way that it generates the sales vouchers. To comply with DGII, you are assigned receipt numbers (comprobantes) and every transaction is sequenced. DGII can and have been entering premises and demanding to see the books/records at any time. Our accountant told us that a whole bus load of DGII inspectors have been doing the rounds on the North Coast recently. Those not in compliance are faced with penalties.

Our current system generates receipt numbers by date followed by transaction sequence number. I'm looking for someone with an in depth knowledge of Excel to modify that macro. Preferably also someone with working knowledge of the Dominican tax system. I found this system online and was developed by an amateur who sold second hand books at market events. It works perfectly with all the POS hardware that we have and it just needs a slight tweak. Failing that, we would have to invest in a new POS system.

I found a guy on Craigslist to create a custom Excel doc for me. The good thing about that is you can look for someone who resides virtually anywhere. Good luck.

C

chico bill

Are you just trying to generate reports that can be tabbed (sorted) by date, receipt numbers and perhaps item name or number.
It should be easy, for a mid-level excel person or even Microsoft Access..but Intuit Quick Books might also be an easier way to go.
It can generate reports using many parameters.

Sounds like you are way more advanced than 95% of the business in DR already, many of which don't use computers

D

DR_Guy

Get the Loyverse POS, its free. Has customer display monitors, kitchen display monitors and runs on android. You can get 10" tablets from China for 60 bucks. You wont be sorry.

U

Uzin

You need someone who knows a bit about Microsoft VBA - Visual Basic for Application. That is the language that the Excel and other Microsoft Office applications use for Macros.

Perhaps for a small tweak is not worth employing someone, I have done a few of these and if it is a small change I might be able to help, pm me if you not find any other options...

J

jfk66

Hi Beeza, I received your email but not the attached file, could you please resend to the email I provided. Thx John

B

beeza

Hi Beeza, I received your email but not the attached file, could you please resend to the email I provided. Thx John

Hi John, Just checked the sent items in my email. File was sent. Perhaps in your junk mail. Will send again just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.