El Patron

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dov1984

From Facebook
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=196784817954874&id=100028700708202

PRESS RELEASE (To Follow): After 10 months of going thru the lengthy legal process here in the Dominican Republic......Frank “BIG FRANK” Brittingham was formally arrested this past Sunday June 2nd, 2019 for fraud & coercion related to the property owned by Rocky Ross and the future home of EL PATRON taqueria & tequila bar. After 3 nights in jail...the Puerta Plata judge ruled that there is more then sufficient criminal evidence (22 documents) to move fwd to trial. Stay tuned!! Tequila shots for everyone!!!
f98f1dd444138b4f2ac81bd095083adc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

C

chico bill

From Facebook
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=196784817954874&id=100028700708202

PRESS RELEASE (To Follow): After 10 months of going thru the lengthy legal process here in the Dominican Republic......Frank “BIG FRANK” Brittingham was formally arrested this past Sunday June 2nd, 2019 for fraud & coercion related to the property owned by Rocky Ross and the future home of EL PATRON taqueria & tequila bar. After 3 nights in jail...the Puerta Plata judge ruled that there is more then sufficient criminal evidence (22 documents) to move fwd to trial. Stay tuned!! Tequila shots for everyone!!!
f98f1dd444138b4f2ac81bd095083adc.jpg

A good reason for foreigners to avoid owning a business in DR - sooner or later someone is going to invent a claim against you

A

ando1991

Wait a minute, this is Dominican Republic's fault....
So if one starts a business in Dominican Republic, expect jail time....
Wow... I didn't know that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

D

Dov1984

I have seen worse situations in the restaurant industry in the NYC/NJ area. I don't think the country has anything to do with it. I also didn't post this to condemn Big Frank. Unlike the liberals in my beautiful Country the USA, I believe in innocence until proven guilty.

E

El Rey de Mangu

I have seen worse situations in the restaurant industry in the NYC/NJ area. I don't think the country has anything to do with it. I also didn't post this to condemn Big Frank. Unlike the liberals in my beautiful Country the USA, I believe in innocence until proven guilty.

I would tend to agree, also from NYC metro area. Here, all you need is to have registered business corp, pay your ITBIS and your employees. No dr---, no money laundering, no procurement... and you can have a healthy, happy business.

D

Dov1984

And with that I still dream of opening & running a beach bar in Cabarete because with the stress & bull**** of inherited in owning a joint at least you are doing it in Paradise.

C

cobraboy

Is this "Big Frank" of Jose O'Shea fame?

Or another Big Frank?

C

Celt202

How old is he? He doesn't look to be in the best of health.

R

Rbh44

Anxiously awaiting for the DR1 detectives, clairvoyants and those in the "know" to get to the REAL truth in this matter. Hoping they can do it in less than 500 posts.......but I doubt it.

Personally, I think there was alien abduction involved.

T

Tarheel

Anybody that knows anything about Dominican justice knows that it's very easy to put somebody in jail. Just a complaint from someone and the police will take you to jail (police station). I have no opinion on the ongoing dispute between Frank and Rocky. Both have been kind toward me and my friends. They certainly seem to be good guys and not crooks in the least.

C

Caonabo

Anxiously awaiting for the DR1 detectives, clairvoyants and those in the "know" to get to the REAL truth in this matter. Hoping they can do it in less than 500 posts.......but I doubt it.

Personally, I think there was alien abduction involved.

Wait three months, and you can read about it on Amazon.

C

Cdn_Gringo

I guess this just goes to show that a foreigner/foreigner business relationship can crash and burn here just as easily as any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.