Marriage 10 month waiting period any exceptions?

R

Rfranco

Hi, I am an American citizen and I am engaged to be married to a citizen of Dominican Republic. We plan to marry in July but I read that I have to wait 10 months after my divorce to remarry. I am an American citizen that was married and divorced in the United States. Is this true or are there any exceptions to this rule?

J

JDJones

May I ask what is the rush to get into another marriage?

Did you know your future wife before you got divorced?

C

chico bill

Any person that remarries less than 10 months after his divorce deserves the next one

S

snowqueen

To be fair, they may have been separated for years before getting a divorce.

E

El Rey de Mangu

Hi, I am an American citizen and I am engaged to be married to a citizen of Dominican Republic. We plan to marry in July but I read that I have to wait 10 months after my divorce to remarry. I am an American citizen that was married and divorced in the United States. Is this true or are there any exceptions to this rule?

Based on your join date and the content of your post, you are about to make a very huge error

R

ROLLOUT

ditto.
I hope that you don't plan to live in the DR with her, cause you'll probably be double screwed.

J

jstarebel

Good afternoon, and welcome to DR1. I highly suggest that you explore the site www.dominicanstotheusa.com . There is a moderator named D-Mo. He knows all of the ins and outs of Americans marrying Dominicans.. Good luck!

F

Fabio J. Guzman

Matilda is correct. This provision in the divorce statute was struck down as unconstitutional by ruling TC/0070/15 of the Constitutional Court, dated April 16, 2015.