Big Papi shot in DR?

T

tripp789

Just came across a stream that David Ortiz was shot while in the DR at a SD amusement center during a robbery. No word on his condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

chico bill

Get well David and get the heck outta here to Boston

C

Caonabo

As usual, foreign news outlets are dropping the ball. In their haste for breaking news many are using the translation of amusement center for the location of this event. It was officially reported as a "centro de diversion", which is a bar or disco, not an amusement park.

K

KyleMackey

As usual, foreign news outlets are dropping the ball. In their haste for breaking news many are using the translation of amusement center for the location of this event. It was officially reported as a "centro de diversion", which is a bar or disco, not an amusement park.

So what the media in the DR thinks a roundabout is a rotunda.

E

ElVenao

What I don't understand is who in their right mind shoots at a national hero/idol? If it was a robbery (which I don't think it was, judging by some videos I've seen), the assailant would probably have recognized David...

The guy who did it got beaten to apulp before being handed over to the police.... I can only imagine what they will do to him in jail

L

ljmesg

Read took it in the back and exited his stomach. Ouch. One report said he was targeted. Howe he makes a full recovery. These incidents are depressing AF. More to follow most assuredly.

This is a supposedly a video of the perp getting tuned up by the local vigilantes. Many more videos of this guy getting pummeled.

https://twitter.com/Masterfliip/status/1137900669275463686?s=19

Last edited:
R

rfp

Read took it in the back and exited his stomach. Ouch. One report said he was targeted. Howe he makes a full recovery. These incidents are depressing AF. More to follow most assuredly.

This is a supposedly a video of the perp getting tuned up by the local vigilantes. Many more videos of this guy getting pummeled.

https://twitter.com/Masterfliip/status/1137900669275463686?s=19
thank you for sharing!! ortiz stayed around the hood life and paid the price, he hadnt lived in the hood for almost 25 years, why did he come back ?

S

SKY

He was shot in the abdomen, another guy that was with him was the one shot in the leg.

D

DRDone

Where are the posts of "He must have been doing something wrong" or "something smells fishy with his story" and then it would never happen to me because I really know the DR. The DR is one of the most dangerous places on this planet (can't speak for other planets), and the defense that this happens everywhere is running very thin. I guess Ortiz just didn't have the same connections as the people on this board (i.e. the brilliant ones who haven't been murdered ... yet). Don't think this story is going to get brushed under the rug, no matter the mental gymnastics for the people defending the DR. And the mob justice makes the DR look even better.

T

the gorgon

Where are the posts of "He must have been doing something wrong" or "something smells fishy with his story" and then it would never happen to me because I really know the DR. The DR is one of the most dangerous places on this planet (can't speak for other planets), and the defense that this happens everywhere is running very thin. I guess Ortiz just didn't have the same connections as the people on this board (i.e. the brilliant ones who haven't been murdered ... yet). Don't think this story is going to get brushed under the rug, no matter the mental gymnastics for the people defending the DR. And the mob justice makes the DR look even better.

yes...the DR is one of the most dangerous places on the planet. this goes a long way to proving that contention. i mean, two guys getting wounded in what is reported to have been an attempted robbery.

however, as grim and dire as it may sound, it pales in comparison to 58 killed and 422 wounded by one guy....and, last i checked, there has been no recent news release about disgruntled, entitled people taking assault rifles to classrooms of school kids. at least the violent people of the DR know that it is the duty of adults to protect and defend little children...not to slaughter them...

P

PJT

Country will need to hire a damage controlman

Let's hope Papi recovers quickly.

Unfortunately, the country's reputation as a whole has taken recent big hits with the well publicized assault and unknown causes of deaths of US tourists at eastern resorts. The gun attack on Big Papi is going to fan the flames, create more media reports disparaging the DR as a tourism destination because it will be perceived by some as unsafe now.

The Ministry of Tourism is going have to bring on some big medicine to help the country recover from all the damaging press it is receiving.

Let's see if the Ministry's damage control can charm the international community into believing the DR is a safe and welcoming country to visit, regardless what has happened. Expect more commerical time booked for broadcast and cable networks in the US, Canada, China, and Europe. Space will be bought in the tabloids too!

Tourism revenue is at risk if strong measures are not taken to assure the hoped-for tourist that the DR is a safe destination.

Regards,

PJT

T

the gorgon

Let's hope Papi recovers quickly.

Unfortunately, the country's reputation as a whole has taken recent big hits with the well publicized assault and unknown causes of deaths of US tourists at eastern resorts. The gun attack on Big Papi is going to fan the flames, create more media reports disparaging the DR as a tourism destination because it will be perceived by some as unsafe now.

The Ministry of Tourism is going have to bring on some big medicine to help the country recover from all the damaging press it is receiving.

Let's see if the Ministry's damage control can charm the international community into believing the DR is a safe and welcoming country to visit, regardless what has happened. Expect more commerical time booked for broadcast and cable networks in the US, Canada, China, and Europe. Space will be bought in the tabloids too!

Tourism revenue is at risk if strong measures are not taken to assure the hoped-for tourist that the DR is a safe destination.

Regards,

PJT

and, sadly, the attack on Big Papi has nothing to do with the security qualities of tourism in the Dominican Republic.. nobody cancels their plans for a trip to Disneyland because 10 gangbangers got killed in Camden last Friday.