Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How to find my land property boundaries

Hi,

I have own a piece of land in Bonao for a long time (over 30 yeares) that consists of 6 titulos (titles). I am considering selling the land. Looking into the titulo, it does not tell the boundary of the land specified by each titulo.

Does anyone know how to find the boundaries of the lands on my titulos?

Thanks.

JH

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to hire an agrimensor/surveyor. They will use GPE coordinates as part of the deslinde process. We just finished one part of our property, now working on 2nd

Administrator
    DR1.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    You have to hire an agrimensor/surveyor. They will use GPE coordinates as part of the deslinde process. We just finished one part of our property, now working on 2nd
    Thanks for the reply. Any idea how long the process would take (hiring an agrimensor and actual survey)?

Thanks!

JH

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acctreg View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Any idea how long the process would take (hiring an agrimensor and actual survey)?

Thanks!

JH
    It’s a drawn out process, like many things in DR. Depends. Our property is in San Cristobal Province and it took 4 years. Yes, years. Depends on your provincial land office. Ours was multi title too, and could have been done all at once, except when he measured we were missing just under a tarea, and that threw it all off

Administrator
    DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I have own a piece of land in Bonao for a long time (over 30 yeares) that consists of 6 titulos (titles). I am considering selling the land. Looking into the titulo, it does not tell the boundary of the land specified by each titulo.

Does anyone know how to find the boundaries of the lands on my titulos?

Thanks.

JH
    Are you saying their is no legal description (dimensions) of each property or even the overall size ?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if not surveyed there should be markers on the corners( boundaries) , either stakes or concrete. While it is true Deslindes can sometimes take quite a while most of ours were completed in 3-4 months. The actual surveying is done in a couple of hours but then the measurements and description have to go to the land title court process and because there is a backlog it can take a long time. The Land office in La Vega is quite efficient. To sell you need to have Deslinde.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    Are you saying their is no legal description (dimensions) of each property or even the overall size ?
    He has old titles like we did. We bought our land in 1977-8. Ours said how many tareas and the names of the owners of the adjoining properties. That’s it. Some areas had barbed wire fences, some had cactus border fences, campo style

Administrator
    DR1.com

Post Thanks / Like

He has old titles like we did. We bought our land in 1977-8. Ours said how many tareas and the names of the owners of the adjoining properties. That’s it. Some areas had barbed wire fences, some had cactus border fences, campo style
    Exactly as what AlterEgo says, the titulo only tells the dimension of the land and it's neighboring owners, but does not tell the exact location of the land.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s a drawn out process, like many things in DR. Depends. Our property is in San Cristobal Province and it took 4 years. Yes, years. Depends on your provincial land office. Ours was multi title too, and could have been done all at once, except when he measured we were missing just under a tarea, and that threw it all off
    So is the surveying/measuring required if I wanted to sell the land?

Thanks.

JH

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

So is the surveying/measuring required if I wanted to sell the land?

Thanks.

JH
    Not just the survey but the entire deslinde process.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast