Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acctreg View Post
    So is the surveying/measuring required if I wanted to sell the land?

Thanks.

JH
    A deslinde is a requirement to sell any property, but I am pretty certain a property can be sold ONCE without one. The problem is that there is so much land fraud in DR that most buyers won’t purchase without a deslinde title. The price changes dramatically too. Mr AE’s brother sold a large newish home in SD in a gated residential, that had never been deslinded. A large portion of the sale price was withheld at settlement by the buyer pending the deslinde. They thought it would be quick, but it’s been over two years,so far.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Does any one know what about a "deslinde" to sell an apartment/condo ?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SantiagueroRD View Post
    Good morning Does any one know what about a "deslinde" to sell an apartment/condo ?
    Same requirement

Administrator
    DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SantiagueroRD View Post
    Thank you
    Does any one know of the name/contacts for a reliable "deslinde guy" in Santiago ?

No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    A deslinde is a requirement to sell any property, but I am pretty certain a property can be sold ONCE without one. The problem is that there is so much land fraud in DR that most buyers won’t purchase without a deslinde title. The price changes dramatically too. Mr AE’s brother sold a large newish home in SD in a gated residential, that had never been deslinded. A large portion of the sale price was withheld at settlement by the buyer pending the deslinde. They thought it would be quick, but it’s been over two years,so far.
    Wise decision by the buyer. I agree no one should buy any property in DR without a deslinde and title report. To do so means your purchase could be for nada

No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

He has old titles like we did. We bought our land in 1977-8. Ours said how many tareas and the names of the owners of the adjoining properties. That’s it. Some areas had barbed wire fences, some had cactus border fences, campo style
    A fence placed in the wrong location means nothing, but it is a start. In the US there are laws of adverse possession (maybe here too, as squatters have lots of rights) which applies also to someone who occupies the land with full knowledge of neighbors, and it could become the "squatter's" own.

Say you farmed some land or ran cattle on a ranch and the fences were 40' off where they legally should have been, but you did it for at least 7 years, maybe even built a pond or planted orchards. That land could become yours, not necessarily for free, and it would have to be decided by a judge and likely the true owner would need to be paid to file a quit claim on the portion.
    I think the caveat is this had to have been observed by the rightful owner or his trustees - but maybe that is wishful thinking.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

You can sell a property without deslinde but only the taxes part will be transferred into your name until deslinde is done then land courts will transfer into your name title , they just added more judges to land court because of back log..

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The first thing you should do go to the local Registro de Tierra. I think for Bonao its in La Vega with your title copy and request to see how your property is registered. I am sure you will also find the relevant plan. It could be a general or a large one of several titulos. The Agrominsor would do his dislinde on the basis of this. You can also go to the head registro de Titilos in Santo Domingo that is in the Feria on av independencia. Good luck. How your land is registered is the basis of everything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12