Tattoo Shops

chrome

May 21, 2002
Are There Any Tattoo Shops In The DR?

ARE THERE ANY TATTOO SHOPS IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC?
AND IF THERE IS DO THEY HAVE WEBSITES? I WILL BE TRAVELING TO THE DR IN A FEW MONTHS AND WANT TO GET MY TATTOO WILL I AM THERE.

Last edited:

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Yes, there are some...

I've seen at least two on Calle El Conde. A search on the yellow pages showed this:

FACE TATTOO STUDIO
Calle Manuel. de Jes?s. Troncoso no. 314
Santo Domingo
Tel: (809) 622-8103

MARCEL TATUAJES
Calle El Conde,
Santo Domingo
Tel: (809) 687-6152

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
See my post on Sosua in other thread you started.

Re web site, am sure the one in Sosua doesn't. It isn't that big of an operation. Would be surprised if any of the tattoo shops in the DR have one.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Chrome,No Way!

I don,t know where you are from,but why on earth would you want to get a Tatoo here? The cost is just as high as in the US,the quality sucks,and then there is the "Cleanliness" factor! Or lack of same I should say!There are no public health inspectors on this island! Criss:cool:

chrome

May 21, 2002
Tattoo Shop

Chris I will Check out a shop always before they put the Gun to me. I have several and and I do think I know what to look for and what not to do. Thanks

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Chrome?

Just curious, why would you want to get a tatto here in the DR?

I would have thought that you have many more options in the USA?

Is it a "I had this one done in the DR" thing?
As I said, just curious to why?

chrome

May 21, 2002
Tattoo Shop

Thanks everyone, I am always cautious when I am investigating a new shop. I do not just walk in and sit in the chair and get a tatttoo. I look for cleaniness, I look for sanitary. I want to feel comfortable before all. THANKS

I guess you could say I just like to collect. I like getting Tattoos from the diffferent places that I have been. This will be my first trip out of the states. Besides Tijuana, if you can call that being out of the states. I can already say about my other Tats . "Well I got this one here and this one there." I like doing that.

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
There's One on Every Corner

Got tatooed just about every time I've ever been there in just about every town I've been in on Presidentes, mamajuanas and Barcello Rum. If you want the real thing though, just wear some shorts, get on the back of some motoconcho's bike and stick the inside of your leg on the exhaust pipe and you'll get a Dominican tatoo. The good thing is that they're not permanent and only cost about ten pesos if of course, the driver has change.

red809

Nov 27, 2012
don't worry guys there is going to be a new tattoo shop coming to DR... when i get all my stuff ready i will let you know..... i will be in Nagua DR on thursday looking for locations i am from the Bronx NY and i will see if i can post up some of my work for ya to see...

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
the thing i like is most women here do NOT have ink,not like the usa. i am so tired of seeing it.DR is refreshing

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
don't worry guys there is going to be a new tattoo shop coming to DR... when i get all my stuff ready i will let you know..... i will be in Nagua DR on thursday looking for locations i am from the Bronx NY and i will see if i can post up some of my work for ya to see...

I have no use for tats myself, but you might make a few pesos if you were in a high traffic tourist area. Tourists doing the same thing the OP wants..."I got this stupid bird tat in DR" or "I got this stupid Cacata spider tat in Sosua" etc etc And you could charge tourist prices. Personally, I think tats are a fad that will go away again.

You may still have to live in a tin shack though.....

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
If he can make a go of it as a foreigner tattoo artist I'll spank myself with Dominican salami. It is a stupid place to get tats, the colour fades loads as it is constantly moist with the heat and obviously the sun is a factor. If you notice Doms dark skin tats are always difficult to make out? well, it's not because of the dark skin, it is because the heeling process is almost impossible in the humid climate, it ruins the tattoo.
There are about 4 shops now on El Conde, none of which I would trust as they have no knowledge of cross contamination. The factor isn't the sterile studio, the factor is they have no education. They put on the latex gloves, then scratch their balls or pick up a coffee cup, that is obviously not sterile, Ive seen these guys at work and they are very obviously clueless. On the pluss side they all speak English, or at least a form of street scum spanglish they picked up before being deported.
I'm tattooed and yes I got one done in DR years ago, but I also had to have treatment for Hep C for 12 months self injecting which was a pain in the arse. So be aware, not everyone can recover from Hep C as I did, some people are stuck with it for life, and if that is the case then you can kiss your residency goodbye.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Not sure where you are going to be but in Bavaro, this place has excellent artists. Not all of them are there full time as they live in other countries but there work is awesome. Check it out..
Tatuajes El Pirata | Facebook
tatuajes el pirata, right on the the beach

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Not sure where you are going to be but in Bavaro, this place has excellent artists. Not all of them are there full time as they live in other countries but there work is awesome. Check it out..
Tatuajes El Pirata | Facebook
tatuajes el pirata, right on the the beach

devdev

May 14, 2011
have u opened a shop here yet???