Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Restaurants in Santo Domingo

Have you been to these, and do you agree with the list?

https://www.diariolibre.com/gastrocl...nos-DL12919192

Administrator
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been to all of them except #10 Il Bacareto. However for #8 Shibuya and #5 Trattoria Angiolino, I've only been once to those places.

Like most rankings, specially these based in culinary accomplishments, the opinions are fairly biased and relative. Most people are bound to disagree with these as everyone has their own different gauges of what constitutes a good restaurant. Additionally, it is hard to compare different types of foods and different price levels, etc.

Having said all this, I think the list is pretty solid. I wholeheartedly disagree with La Cassina even being a top 5. I believe it is extremely pricey for what they bring to the table. Almost every single time I've been there I have left disappointed. I think most of these restaurants are getting more notoriety due to being "flashy" and "upscale" rather than for the quality of their food (the quality of their food is good, nonetheless).

I strongly agree with Nipau, I think it is a very good & solid restaurant and I am happy to see it in this list. I agree with Pat'e Palo as well, very solid restaurant. The rest you could argue.

3. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElVenao View Post
    I've been to all of them except #10 Il Bacareto. However for #8 Shibuya and #5 Trattoria Angiolino, I've only been once to those places.

Like most rankings, specially these based in culinary accomplishments, the opinions are fairly biased and relative. Most people are bound to disagree with these as everyone has their own different gauges of what constitutes a good restaurant. Additionally, it is hard to compare different types of foods and different price levels, etc.

Having said all this, I think the list is pretty solid. I wholeheartedly disagree with La Cassina even being a top 5. I believe it is extremely pricey for what they bring to the table. Almost every single time I've been there I have left disappointed. I think most of these restaurants are getting more notoriety due to being "flashy" and "upscale" rather than for the quality of their food (the quality of their food is good, nonetheless).

I strongly agree with Nipau, I think it is a very good & solid restaurant and I am happy to see it in this list. I agree with Pat'e Palo as well, very solid restaurant. The rest you could argue.
    Keep in mind though that when sitting peacefully in one of these establishments some thug can ride up on a motorcycle and rob or shoot you in the back.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mcinbrass View Post
    Keep in mind though that when sitting peacefully in one of these establishments some thug can ride up on a motorcycle and rob or shoot you in the back.
    as can happen as well when you're in your home or office sitting quietly and posting in DR1...

funny comment to make? lets shed a better light around here brother

6. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Try this in Don Pepe, have you been there?
    Last edited by Fulano2; 06-12-2019 at 12:36 PM.

8. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Im positive none of these establishments are on Avenida Venezuela. Tranquilo

10. Likes John Boyter liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    Try this in Don Pepe, have you been there?
    I can never get in the place. The parking lot is always full of Ultra expensive vehicles. Seriously.

If you wondering if a place is good and expensive, just check to see how many govt. jeepetas there are in the parking lot.

Meanwhile, back at the cafeteria, thousands of dollars of expensive food is tossed every day. (But that's another thread)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You can park under the restaurant.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been to Pat e Palo several times and every single time I think it is terrible. The last time we went my food was cold and my colleague was served fish which had definitely gone off. While we were waiting for replacement dishes, having not eaten anything at all, the waiter returned and asked if we wanted dessert or coffee. A lot of people I know are saying that it has seriously gone down.

I think that Buche Perico is far better for food quality, ambience and value for money. I'm surprised they didn't make it onto the list.

14. Likes irishpaddy liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Pat e Palo sucked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast