Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Don Pepe is good, crowded but good. Their Paella is really good, pricey though.

2. Likes Fulano2, frank12 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I like that restaurant too.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I know when in Dom Rep it is great to visit local restaurants. But I went to Tony Romas there because I was a bit homesick. And man they took it to another level. I had a great time. I remember the small one in the Malecone Center. This new one is huge and the staff were great, food was excellent and price was right. Just saying....Davey Crockets was a nice steak house good place for a beef hunger. In Juan Dolio, Paladart and El Meson are winners! Also for some excellent local fast food the Corner of Pasteur and Ave Independencia Villar Hermanos bakery has a whole selection of great stuff. I also like the Grand on conde and Independencia, Lunch trays are very good, and try the Issy Iced Cappuccino sweet but OMG!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Restaurante Il Cappuccino on Capitán Eugenio de Marchena, just down the street from Leonel Fernandez's office is outstanding! Old Sccool Italian, cosmic pizza and a freezer full of gelato!
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

6. Likes John Boyter liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Restaurante Il Cappuccino on Capitán Eugenio de Marchena, just down the street from Leonel Fernandez's office is outstanding! Old Sccool Italian, cosmic pizza and a freezer full of gelato!
    Il Cappuccino has been my go to restaurant for years. Got to know the owner and they prepare whatever I request. Once you find a restaurant like this you become a fixture. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

8. Likes cobraboy liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hard times doug View Post
    Il Cappuccino has been my go to restaurant for years. Got to know the owner and they prepare whatever I request. Once you find a restaurant like this you become a fixture. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    We went there once, with mountainannie when she still lived in Santo Domingo, excellent food AND desserts

Admin
    DR1.com

10. Likes cobraboy, mountainannie liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

El Meson is a oldie but goodie. Haven't been in awhile but always bring our out of town guests there. Good food but even better atmosphere. Miss the days when Vesuvio use to be really good and the place to go.

12. Likes AlterEgo liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keepcoming View Post
    El Meson is a oldie but goodie. Haven't been in awhile but always bring our out of town guests there. Good food but even better atmosphere. Miss the days when Vesuvio use to be really good and the place to go.
    Ahhhh Vesuvio........in another time..........that was the place to see and be seen in Santo Domingo.........and the food was even great back then........until......

Don Pepe when it was in Gazcue.

Sully's for seafood.

The old Chalet Suisso or was it Suisso Chalet......when Peter ran it.

My other go to place that will not make a top ten list for snobbery........but I always had a good meal there is Vizcaya.

Certainly others.........Mediterranean place whose name escapes me at the moment (Sharazad?).

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

14. Likes keepcoming liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by playacaribe2 View Post
    Ahhhh Vesuvio........in another time..........that was the place to see and be seen in Santo Domingo.........and the food was even great back then........until......

Don Pepe when it was in Gazcue.

Sully's for seafood.

The old Chalet Suisso or was it Suisso Chalet......when Peter ran it.

My other go to place that will not make a top ten list for snobbery........but I always had a good meal there is Vizcaya.

Certainly others.........Mediterranean place whose name escapes me at the moment (Sharazad?).

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2
    I agree about Vizcaya, you always see lots of guys have secret lunches with their secretaries there and it's the kind of place that you could imagine being in a scene from a spy film.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mcinbrass View Post
    Keep in mind though that when sitting peacefully in one of these establishments some thug can ride up on a motorcycle and rob or shoot you in the back.
    No at all possible in La Bottega or Don Pepe.....2sets of security doors with armed watchmen

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast