Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buffness View Post
    Yes, I was thinking the same .This sounds like the same old BA2204 route . We were regulars on this route and I think it has changed frequency several times from to 3 or 4 times a week over the years. It used to stop at Antigua for an hour or so....to pick up new passengers and/or crew ( not sure if that still happens ) .
    It's only ever been 3 times a week up until now. December will be the first time they go 4 times a week. And they have flown direct Gatwick - Punta Cana for about 4 years now.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The flight is very convenient for me as I have family in Kent, England and Gatwick is the closest airport. I don’t find it an issue that its from Punta Cana. The bus station in Santo Domingo for the Bavaro Express is close for me. Going to and from the Las Americas airport can be uncomfortable anyway. Also Punta Cana airport is much better and immigration easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Commercial Real Estate
    www.boyterisland.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

As I have said many times before, it is a great opportunity for an entrepreneur to set up a bus or min-van service from Punta Cana to Cabarete, Sosua, Puerto Plata and return to coincide with this flight's arrival and departure at a reasonable cost. I am sure it will work well, imagine setting up a web page with booking and foreign CC paying option and you are good to go. Even 20 people out of this flight picked up and returned (good thing is you always get the returns too as they buy a return flight) and he/she will be making a "killing" - sorry bad wording for current DR propaganda.... ! lol

As far as I have checked, there is no easy way and I would not want to do that trip with luggage twice ! Now with family and kids, forget it.... But a direct, reliable service, many might consider it.

4. Likes drstock liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John Boyter View Post
    I have taken this flight several times now Punta Cana to Gatwick London. I thought it had been 4 days a week for some years now. It is also easy from Santo Domingo. I take the Bavaro Express bus from Ave Maximo Gomez and it goes directly to the airport and is a very comfortable bus and the station in a very safe area. Very easy. But then from the airport to Santo Domingo you need to go the bus station in Veron. I don't know why they dont pick up people at the airport.
    It is great there will be more access to the DR from London.

Now, to get to the object of this post is the reason the buses do not pick up at the airport proper is because the taxi sindicates have a lock on the public's for hire carriage. They are violently protective of this license.

Regards,

PJT

6. Likes Uzin liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12