Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post
    Or they just offer what they can or will sell since they are in it to make money.
    that too...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    I subscribe to TravelZoo’s Top 10 Deals, I get emails on a regular basis. Sometimes it’s Top 20. There is ALWAYS a DR deal in there, with links to other DR choices. Not today, a Top 20 day. Not one, but two featured trips to Mexico, of all places. One Caribbean cruise. Not a breath about DR, so where are the deals? Are the tour operators simply cancelling DR out completely? I expected to see bargains galore.
    Some people using Expedia have reported when they plug in dates for the DR and then try to close the page without booking........an instant further 10% discount code pops up......

The Banco Central tourist numbers starting with July and going forward as compared to the same month last year, should be an interesting read and gauge as to how much effect the negative press has been.

The damage has been done........at least short term. I hear it with clients who know I travel there often.......as they indicate they would not be vacationing there anytime soon.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    I subscribe to TravelZoo’s Top 10 Deals, I get emails on a regular basis. Sometimes it’s Top 20. There is ALWAYS a DR deal in there, with links to other DR choices. Not today, a Top 20 day. Not one, but two featured trips to Mexico, of all places. One Caribbean cruise. Not a breath about DR, so where are the deals? Are the tour operators simply cancelling DR out completely? I expected to see bargains galore.
    Bookit.com had some really good deals for 7 days and round trip on United from EWR to Punta Cana. The Bahia Principe in PC was less than 1k with flight included. According to bookit these deals are 60-65% off + $200 resort coupon. Not sure how good these deals really are but they seem cheaper than I remember in past yrs.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RGVgal View Post
    Bookit.com had some really good deals for 7 days and round trip on United from EWR to Punta Cana. The Bahia Principe in PC was less than 1k with flight included. According to bookit these deals are 60-65% off + $200 resort coupon. Not sure how good these deals really are but they seem cheaper than I remember in past yrs.
    That sounds about right, seeing lots of stuff in that 1K range that normally might be $1,200-$1,300, but still a lot in the $1,200-$1,500 range.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The true test,comes in high season,more deaths,no answers,the tourist industry will tank,i say great,plenty of other places to go.

6. Dislikes jenmar237, Lafcadio, Garyexpat disliked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bundel2014 View Post
    The true test,comes in high season,more deaths,no answers,the tourist industry will tank,i say great,plenty of other places to go.
    Why would you wish ill luck on anyone or any place?

8. Likes Lafcadio, drstock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bundel2014 View Post
    not entirely accurate. countries have been the targets of these media campaigns before, and have not suffered adverse effects as a direct result of the efforts to defame them.

10. Likes Lafcadio liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Prime example Mexico...hasn’t hurt them doubt it will hurt us...

12. Likes Lafcadio liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgreat View Post
    Prime example Mexico...hasn’t hurt them doubt it will hurt us...
    he only wishes it will...

if wishes were horses, all beggars would ride..

14. Likes Lafcadio liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The DR is in overdrive on the pro-DR, denial train! Their track record is horrific. Sure, DR is a "probably" a safe vacation destination, compared to the hills of Afghanistan, but they can't seem to change their overly defensive posture, no matter tourist issues or Big Papi.

They take the poor optics and make them worse. Everyone is lying or creating anti-DR campaigns, according to the Procuradora or Ministerio del Turismo. Why would anyone want to do this? Most folks still don't even know where DR is.

16. Dislikes jenmar237 disliked this post
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast