Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The PR Campaign Has Started

Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    yes, they have brought in consultants to pull them out of the downward MSM spiral. Probably spending millions and politicians taking cuts on the contracts. I also didn't think they needed to spend money on consultants to do what they do best, and blindly deny any possible wrongdoing.

3. Likes Expat-in-Cabarete liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Start with giving package specials on AI stays, and make sure whatever killed those people is not covered up.
    If it is later found out there was an environmental factor as the cause of the deaths and sicknesses that was hidden by the investigators or resorts, the PR campaign won't help

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Politicians spending money. It's what they're good at. What a waste of time and money!

6. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

So basically "no fui yo".

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It makes me sick, the DR does not give one sh*t about it’s tourists. I hope this bites them in the ass hard!

9. Likes Fulano2, Uzin, Hoosier, Bundel2014 liked this post
    Dislikes Caonabo, jenmar237, dalethefarmer disliked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

The campaign should be aimed at foreigners/tourists, particularly American and Canadian...

That PR team needs to be fired ASAP.

11. Likes KyleMackey, dulce liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    It makes me sick, the DR does not give one sh*t about it’s tourists. I hope this bites them in the ass hard!
    I guess spiritually they [Dominicans] don't care. Money-wise they [tourists] are bled for every last nickel

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Rey de Mangu View Post
    I guess spiritually they [Dominicans] don't care. Money-wise they [tourists] are bled for every last nickel
    Well it is hard to form a relation with someone here for a week. And some tourists from Europe and North America are haughty, plus most don't speak Spanish.

I find Dominicans personally likable (except for the tigures, and you see nothing but hatred in their eyes, and there are a lot of them).

Whether Dominicans are friendly because they are looking for a tip or being sincerely warm natured I can't always tell but I seldom experience the outright disdain. Last time I felt that was from the manager of a well known auto tire & mechanic shop in POP, and I think he was drunk at the time.

Of course the drivers do exhibit an offensive & aggressive rude behavior, but since my windows are super-tinted, it is unlikely they are showing less respect for me because I am a foreigner than just that they are rude to every other driver on the road.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is anyone surprised with this PR campaign aimed at it's citizens? This is not aimed at foreigners.

Nobody likes it when their baby is called ugly.

I interpret this campaign as "prove them wrong, step up your game."

But opinions vary...
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

15. Likes Caonabo liked this post
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast