Page 164 of 177 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1762
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    seems like it is all quiet on the western front. maybe the beaten woman is lobbying to get on to some reality show any time soon...

is Jerry Springer still filming?
    I think I saw previews of an upcoming DR. Phil show with her and her husband on the show. I could not find a link for it.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

An English as a 2nd language course is available near you.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Enough with the attacks and side comments.

Back on topic...

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

DR1 CSI
    The best in the world!!!

Ha ha ha!
    One Dominican at a time please!

5. Likes dulce liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Today at 4:00 pm Turims Ministery and PGR has a press release, so finally we will onow final results of toxicologic test

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

This may be a naïve approach to repairing the problem but i'll ask anyway. Why wouldn't the gubmint and the Hotel Assoc.(
    join forces and hire the best damage control spinners in the universe. Put together a multi million dollar campaign that restores the image of the DR for tourist? Time and time again in the US major companies have had major disasters in their business. Think: Tynenol, Juhl, Chipolte, beef, milk, cow disease and way more. Clearly, there are millions at stake.

I'm suggesting using the best organizations in the world. The play book is available because this has been done so many times. What am I missing here???

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johne View Post
    This may be a naïve approach to repairing the problem but i'll ask anyway. Why wouldn't the gubmint and the Hotel Assoc.(
    join forces and hire the best damage control spinners in the universe. Put together a multi million dollar campaign that restores the image of the DR for tourist? Time and time again in the US major companies have had major disasters in their business. Think: Tynenol, Juhl, Chipolte, beef, milk, cow disease and way more. Clearly, there are millions at stake.

I'm suggesting using the best organizations in the world. The play book is available because this has been done so many times. What am I missing here???
    I think that will be the next, they was waitting dor final report to make stronger compain

9. Likes jd426 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

The DR maybe can learn from all this. Find out what the tourists want out of a Caribbean destination.

Yes being pampered is part of what it used to be but as demand grew and prices went up, the service and pampered experience seemed to fade. And I get it - tourists are demanding and often rude so it would be hard to keep a smiley face on at all times.

They want warm beaches with clear water (not Sargassum) and that will be the thing that destroys Punta Cana if it doesn't leave.

They want good food and drink. Take away the mini bars - Make the tourists go to the bars or else they can buy a bottle.
    Don't taint the liquor. I can tell the difference between Grey Goose and Popov vodka, so can others.

Entertainment - Try to get the very best to entertain and rotate them among hotels so you don't have to watch the same act every night

Lastly clear the riff raff out of the hotels and surrounding areas - some of this is the police work, but the AIs are places people go to who don't want to deal with real street thieves and scammers. I prefer staying outside of AIs, but there are two distinct type of traveler and Punta Cana is tailored for the AIs and the Minnesota crowd

11. Likes Fulano2, jd426 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Translation:

Prosecutor will reveal toxicological results of deceased tourists in RD hotels:

The Attorney General's Office announced that it will release in the next few days the results of the toxicological examinations of American tourists who died in hotels in the eastern part of the country.

The conference is expected to participate the Minister of Tourism, Francisco Javier García and a representative of the American Embassy in the country.

It is recalled that in recent months, the Dominican Republic became the object of international attention due to the deaths of at least a dozen tourists in different hotels in the national territory.

After the deaths, the Attorney General's Office attributed, through the results of the autopsies, that several of these cases were caused by natural causes, describing the deaths as "isolated events."

In other cases, the Public Ministry requested toxicological tests to determine the reason for the deaths.

https://www.arecoa.com/destinos/2019...os-hoteles-rd/

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    Today at 4:00 pm Turims Ministery and PGR has a press release, so finally we will onow final results of toxicologic test
    Translation:

The Attorney General's Office (PGR) postponed without a set date a press conference that had convened for the afternoon today in order to publicize the results of toxicological studies performed on tourists killed in hotels in the country this year.

Through a press release, the institution explained that the postponement of the press conference was done by virtue of the fact that "the results that were being expected from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) came partially."

"We ask to be excused for the inconvenience caused and later we will be communicating the date on which we would be holding the press conference to offer citizens complete information about the important results of these analyzes."

https://www.diariolibre.com/actualid...tas-DF14449947