Page 163 of 163 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1630
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    The point was clearly made within my posting. You fail to see it.
    Right, the 4 people you know that have canceled trips to Punta Cana and booked at other locations have made up for the 1000's of room night cancellations in Punta Cana and the greater DR this year.

Your point is imbecilic.

2. Likes Polar Bear liked this post
    Dislikes I love Azua disliked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it improbable that people afraid of all this, would switch from Punta Cana to any other Dominican destination deeming it safer somehow when some reports were from SD and North Coast. If you are an AI sort of vacationer I think you'd be likely to just switch destinations to another country.

4. Likes Polar Bear, ljmesg liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I was on a Southwest plane from Ft. Lauderdale to Punta Cana a few days ago. The plane holds about 180 people. There were 65 people on board. Last time I took this flight before the problems surfaced it was full.

But I still think come Thanksgiving thinks will prick up a lot. Maybe not as much as last year, but sustainable for the region.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ljmesg View Post
    Right, the 4 people you know that have canceled trips to Punta Cana and booked at other locations have made up for the 1000's of room night cancellations in Punta Cana and the greater DR this year.

Your point is imbecilic.
    Allow me to break this down in simplistic terms for you.....

For starters, go back and run through my posting #'s 1558, 1563, 1574, and 1599, within this thread line.

I did not say I knew 6 people who relocated holidays, you did.

I did not say I knew 4 people who relocated holidays, you did.

I did say I knew several people who relocated holidays.

Since, I have come across a few others, after asking further, the numbers have increased slightly.

Now, when I say I know these people, this is exactly what I mean. I KNOW them. They are REAL. They are not made up persons. They are not made up bodies. They are not made up statistics. I personally know them.

Furthermore, I count these people as the persons who organized the actual reservations that they followed through upon. How many other persons were within their party varied, and still does vary.

There was a gentleman from Cheyenne, Wyoming US of A, who arrived solo.

There was a couple from Buenos Aires, Argentina. They were 2 persons.

There was an associate from Santiago, Chile. He was part of a group of 5 persons.

There was an art professor from Madrid, Spain, with a group of 17 students.

The list goes on.

So again, as I stated previously, I KNOW of SEVERAL people who were either solo, as part of a couple, or part of groups that relocated their respective holidays from Punta Cana/Eastern Region to OTHER points WITHIN RD. They did not abandon the country.

If you do your sort of mathematical analysis in real time, add the persons I KNOW, with the persons in their group, more the number of nights they respectively stayed on holiday for (ranging from 4 nights to 3 weeks)...……
    and voilà you suddenly have 100's of room nights indeed utilized in other parts of the RD, by persons I know of, as opposed to the 10's of thousands of room nights cancelled as you allege through the "I have heard"..."I know people" myths, accentuated by your hysteric descriptives "staggering" and "decimating.

Imbecilic is, as imbecilic does. Enjoy your night.

7. Likes ljmesg liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    I was on a Southwest plane from Ft. Lauderdale to Punta Cana a few days ago. The plane holds about 180 people. There were 65 people on board. Last time I took this flight before the problems surfaced it was full.

But I still think come Thanksgiving thinks will prick up a lot. Maybe not as much as last year, but sustainable for the region.
    I believe Southwest Airlines is one of those discounted budget types of carriers. You have stated in the past you have real connections within the airline industry. Any reports of real numbers as they account for arrivals at SDQ, STI, and POP in the period since these incidents occurred?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danely18 View Post
    I find it improbable that people afraid of all this, would switch from Punta Cana to any other Dominican destination deeming it safer somehow when some reports were from SD and North Coast. If you are an AI sort of vacationer I think you'd be likely to just switch destinations to another country.
    If you were set to see visit New York City on holiday, and had reservations with the Mandarin Oriental when/if problems arose, would you automatically nullify the Bellagio Las Vegas as an alternative destination? Large hotel. Same country. Different region.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

...As I have said before here ,if you avoid the majestic resorts in PC...they have 3.. mirage, elegance(where most of this started)and Colonial all next to each other and with same owners...you will have a better visit to Punta Cana...if you are thinking I have a axe to grind with these people you are right...2 years after my stay at the majestic mirage when they ruined my vacation on the first night, and the 3 managers made me many promises and more promises...I am still waiting for them to deliver...these people do not tell the truth , then and now...…...Doc...……..

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

My niece and her husband are going to Hard Rock in Punta Cana in November. They are going with a group of 40 other people. They booked their trip long before any of the news of deaths. She told me that at first she was ready to cancel right away. Since then she has calmed down and is excited to be going. They have been to Punta Cana in the past and loved it.
    The other 40 people they met while on vacation at Hard Rock Cancun.
    I told her to always stay with other people and do not drink from the mini bar in the room.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

They took out the liquor in the Mini Bars in the HR. They will be fine now there. Go to ZEN and eat at the tables where they cook. Avoid the Italian and Isla though. Food is not good there. The Brazilian is usually pretty good to eat at also.

13. Likes dulce liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    They took out the liquor in the Mini Bars in the HR. They will be fine now there. Go to ZEN and eat at the tables where they cook. Avoid the Italian and Isla though. Food is not good there. The Brazilian is usually pretty good to eat at also.
    Thanks for the heads up SKY. I will pass along the info.