Page 153 of 161 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1604
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by melphis View Post
    Which company are you using that gives 90 days. We buy a product from Intact in Canada that gives us the first 30 days free as often as you like. If we are more than 30 days we buy a top up that is still fairly reasonable to cover us for the 6 months we are in the DR.
    It's our regular USA insurance, United Healthcare, through AARP, plan F

Administrator
    DR1.com

2. Likes melphis liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone really think that having foreign health care would have saved the people that died here. Last I checked they were in a clinic getting treatment, who paid the bills after they died would not matter................

4. Likes Big, Polar Bear liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Does anyone really think that having foreign health care would have saved the people that died here. Last I checked they were in a clinic getting treatment, who paid the bills after they died would not matter................
    correct! they were medically compromised before they got on the plane

6. Likes jd426, Caonabo, nekokatt liked this post
    Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    But some of them asked for medical care and decided not to take it when they heard the price. The man of the couple who died felt ill, asked for a doctor and they decided he couldn't pay. It is interesting, as in the UK as far as I know, no one leaves the country without travel medical insurance - and if you are travelling to the US you need higher coverage. Many of the stories about those who died mention the cost of the medical treatment.

Matilda

Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums
    www.DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Has the mysterious, cellar dragging, Chupacabra type attacker from Punta Cana been identified or apprehended as of yet?

9. Likes jd426, caribmike liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    Has the mysterious, cellar dragging, Chupacabra type attacker from Punta Cana been identified or apprehended as of yet?
    I heard they nicknamed the attacker Obesity or Cholesterol or that nasty one "type 2"

11. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps some person could offer him a soda from one of the wet bars.

14. Likes caribmike liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    But some of them asked for medical care and decided not to take it when they heard the price. The man of the couple who died felt ill, asked for a doctor and they decided he couldn't pay. It is interesting, as in the UK as far as I know, no one leaves the country without travel medical insurance - and if you are travelling to the US you need higher coverage. Many of the stories about those who died mention the cost of the medical treatment.

Matilda
    The MiTur is working on a plan that requires all tourists entering the DR to have insurance, like a charge on top of the tourist card.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours