Page 175 of 178 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1774
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

There is so much we do not know and a lot that we would never be told even on a good day. We do not know what testing was done. Were the tests conducted on blood or tissue samples? Conspiracy theorists might even suggest that the FBI was given samples from a source other than where we've been led to believe they originated.

We can go around and around forever. Since the FBI got involved at the invitation of the DR, it is this Govt's responsibility to make the findings public. Something which I believe the DR Govt has yet to do. We do not know what was not found and similarly we do not know what was found.

I too feel that if there was cause for concern something would have been said, but I also know that in the arena of politics and int'l relations, what seems rational to you and me often takes a back seat. It is not a leap to conclude that an economy could very well trump the truth and even the lives of a handful of tourists. I can see more than one country deciding it is in the greater interest to collude with one another for some measure of common advantage and/or stability. Most of us know that when it comes to the truth, the truth is whatever the govt says it is. At least until they are caught lying which has happened often enough to warrant a degree of skepticism in the absence of independent evidence to support the spoken truth of the day.

It is certainly odd for a couple to succumb so close together. Not completely unheard of, but rare enough to ask for specific details pertaining to the circumstances. Unfortunately, I believe this case will not be adequately explained either because it cannot be or no wants to. I choose to be wary of pronouncements from DR Govt officials simply because I know them to be corrupt or at least susceptible to pressure from on high with no legal or practical recourse, so to keep their jobs, they all just keep on shoveling because that's what they have been ordered to do.

It's difficult to get away with telling a lie. Governments are big bureaucracies where more than one person usually knows the truth. That truth can be suppressed as long as the circle remains closed. Something that is a lot harder in other couturiers with a mature press, an independent legal system and there exists a moral imperative or incentive for whistle blowers to dig up and expose the skeletons. Those conditions don't exist in this country where self interest and self preservation rule the day. The best way to get away with telling a lie, is to delay telling it for as long as possible. If there is no compelling reason to speak, then don't. There is no clamor for the FBI test results in this country so I doubt we'll hear anything about them unless something changes that causes to Govt to rethink its silence.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I will close with the fact that there was never a shred of evidence indicating it was anything other than medical events. I also understand that people believe there are aliens stored at area 51.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The US State Department has never issued any warning that travel to the DR is more or less dangerous to the 3 million Americans that visit the DR every year.

Can we close this ridiculous thread now?

4. Likes Big liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ljmesg View Post
    The US State Department has never issued any warning that travel to the DR is more or less dangerous to the 3 million Americans that visit the DR every year.

Can we close this ridiculous thread now?
    Well perhaps not directly aimed at these specific cases.......
    But......https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...-advisory.html

6. Likes thompstr liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    It's been Level 2 forever. Does somebody have stats? And yes, zero to do with the completely irresponsible media blitz on the DR.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

That warning just reiterates what we say here all the time....

I wonder if they will rewrite the Mexico warning soon ???

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    At least they don't say "Don't drink the water" and "don't drink the free liquor in your resort's room bar."
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Well I will close with the fact that there was never a shred of evidence indicating it was anything other than medical events. I also understand that people believe there are aliens stored at area 51.
    I don't know about Area 51, but a few years ago a handful of cousins, a brother, and myself witness something that seriously made everyone reconsider the possibility. Whatever those things were, they either are not of human creation and if they were, then it must be quite a secret.

We notice it once one of my cousin, who accompany us just talking nonsense outside next to the main house, pinpointed as they appeared in a very low sky and in a straight line, moving at a steady slow speed, and making no noise. There steady orange glow is something I have never seen in the sky. They had to be very low due to cloud cover over the area. Nearby is the Duarte Highway, which guarantee that some other people must have seen them from their cars as the cross above the highway on their way somewhere eastward. The cities and towns of Santiago, Moca, La Vega, etc must appear as very bright due that it was night.

Funny thing is that a few days later I was watching the news and the same thing was witnessed somewhere in Japan, where it was caught on video. Not only did it look like the same thing, but it probably was the same ones.

Polls Forum Moderator

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post
    I don't know about Area 51, but a few years ago a handful of cousins, a brother, and myself witness something that seriously made everyone reconsider the possibility. Whatever those things were, they either are not of human creation and if they were, then it must be quite a secret.

We notice it once one of my cousin, who accompany us just talking nonsense outside next to the main house, pinpointed as they appeared in a very low sky and in a straight line, moving at a steady slow speed, and making no noise. There steady orange glow is something I have never seen in the sky. They had to be very low due to cloud cover over the area. Nearby is the Duarte Highway, which guarantee that some other people must have seen them from their cars as the cross above the highway on their way somewhere eastward. The cities and towns of Santiago, Moca, La Vega, etc must appear as very bright due that it was night.

Funny thing is that a few days later I was watching the news and the same thing was witnessed somewhere in Japan, where it was caught on video. Not only did it look like the same thing, but it probably was the same ones.
    I see the same thing, every time I drink Pinot Noir followed by 2 double scotches.

12. Likes jd426 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    At least they don't say "Don't drink the water" and "don't drink the free liquor in your resort's room bar."
    What Resorts do you go to where the Liquor in the Mini bar is Free ?
    Those Little bottles in the Mini Bar are the most OVER PRICED Liquor you could possibly ever touch .

Which is why one person THEORIZED ( quite logically) .that a guest may have REPLACED the Liquor with something , after consuming it, so as to NOT to be CHARGED when they checked out , and then the next guest who drank that tainted stuff , paid the price ..
    A very valid and interesting theory . but it does not seem that this is how it went down after all .