DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Default American couple dead in La Romana hotel

Administrator
    DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    uh, oh! Hoping this is not de ja vu all over again.
    I am still getting over the forum response to the woman who was savagely beaten in SD.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzx11 View Post
    uh, oh! Hoping this is not de ja vu all over again.
    I am still getting over the forum response to the woman who was savagely beaten in SD.
    i'm gonna go with carbon monoxide poisoning from a poorly maintained gas powered genset - venting near their window.

4. Likes CristoRey, ExDR liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Some anxiety medication was found. Who knows what they were taking but I reckon an autopsy will bring the answers.
    Whoever introduces the old again to recognize the new, can be a teacher to others.
    (Confucius)

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    i'm gonna go with carbon monoxide poisoning from a poorly maintained gas powered genset - venting near their window.
    you should wait until something concrete is revealed, rather than making such unfounded speculations. these people have families who read these pages. leave this kind of conduct to people with defective upbringing.

7. Likes RDKNIGHT, nigrarosa, zoomzx11, RV429 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah...theories help the newspapers ammo to slam the DR as the most dangerous place, which in fact it isn't. Remember the case a couple of months ago of the couple that went missing after leaving their hotel in the Las Terrenas area. Theories were flying around that they were kidnapped and murdered. It was in the US and Canadian news, even in a UK newspaper...and what happened? A car accident although the DR's name had been tarnished once more but you think the news was corrected??? The damage was already done so let's wait for the medical reports instead of theories otherwise you are just fueling the fire. Whoever they were, may they rest in peace.

9. Likes cobraboy, nigrarosa, rfp, Garyexpat liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    you should wait until something concrete is revealed, rather than making such unfounded speculations. these people have families who read these pages. leave this kind of conduct to people with defective upbringing.
    I knew you were just itching to use that word.

It's actually a pretty good theory. If they were found in bed and no sign of foul play, that's the first thing I would look into.

11. Likes jd426 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Not ruling out your suggestion as I am not sure what a gas powered genset is, but I do know that carbon monoxide poisoning is more frequent within cabanas due to persons leaving their car engine running in order to listen to their own musical preferences while exercising.

13. Likes cobraboy, RDKNIGHT, jinty05 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    Not ruling out your suggestion as I am not sure what a gas powered genset is, but I do know that carbon monoxide poisoning is more frequent within cabanas due to persons leaving their car engine running in order to listen to their own musical preferences while exercising.
    genset is a construction term for generator. Gasoline as opposed to diesel fuel.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

genset is a construction term for generator. Gasoline as opposed to diesel fuel.
    We learn something new every day. Is this commonplace equipment in an individual hotel room?

Page 1 of 96 1231151 ... LastLast