Border report competition

E

Estrelleta44

The ERD is running some sort of competition and it has uploaded multiple border reports done by some news agents some of you might recognize, by far this one is my favorite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XNFnqMYM8w&t=613s

Seeing the horrible conditions the Haitians live in and the way their own government treats them almost ALMOST makes me feel like the DR should just slowly take it over and integrate it into the our territory.... almost tho because this would be a sure death sentence to my beloved country. Sure the DR isn't that much better and our government doesn't always fight for our best interests but we at least are relatively better off.

I'm glad we have the ERD at the border, doesn't make me feel safer because we all know the corruption that goes on BUT imagine if they where not there....

F

Fulano2

I wonder who allows to take 36% of the used carbon in Haïti to Haïti.

F

Fulano2

If you only would watch the YouTube link you would see that the ambassador said that 36% of the Carbon used in Haïti is from DR territory.

N

NALs

Not only would extending Dominican rule be a death sentence to the DR, but Haitians wouldn't allow to be ruled by Dominicans of all people or the DR in any shape or form. Sometimes I get the impression that what the Haitian people think of anything that has to do with extending the DR over Haiti (much less put an end to Haiti as a state) is taken into account at all.

One of the best examples is what happened to Dominican soldiers when the earthquake struck Port-au-Prince. It was the only army that had to stay out of Haiti by the very vocal wishes of the then Haitian president Rene Preval. Every other country that offered military help via the Minustah and other UN organizations was allowed... except the Dominican army.

At least they accepted donations from the DR, but that army incident puts a sour taste.

O

ohmmmm

Lol, but the DR will buy into the IMF and WB ideas about how to solve the border problem, which surprise, consists of more loans and debt so the DR becomes a vassal state. DR should have built a nuclear power plant with Duke ten years ago so it would now be independent.

N

NALs

Nah. We have lots of trees.
For now... :rolleyes:

I'm sure someone said that on the other side. Plenty of trees and then they were gone in many areas where they should still be there.... What to do, what to do...