Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guayacanes?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Guayacanes?

Has anyone been out to Guayacanes recently? It is SUCH a gorgeous beach. Outside of Las Terrenas my pick for the most beautiful beach in the DR.

There is a reasonably big hotel there, right on the beach, which was closed for many years. Talk was that it had been owned by a Canadian who was deported/arrested for drugs. I did stay over at one little local place and I think that there are a couple of small European places.

When I think about returning for a visit, I always think it would be so very much nicer to stay in Guayacanes to see my friends in the Capital than to stay in the City.

Any info appreciated.

thnx

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mountainannie View Post
    Has anyone been out to Guayacanes recently? It is SUCH a gorgeous beach. Outside of Las Terrenas my pick for the most beautiful beach in the DR.

There is a reasonably big hotel there, right on the beach, which was closed for many years. Talk was that it had been owned by a Canadian who was deported/arrested for drugs. I did stay over at one little local place and I think that there are a couple of small European places.

When I think about returning for a visit, I always think it would be so very much nicer to stay in Guayacanes to see my friends in the Capital than to stay in the City.

Any info appreciated.

thnx
    Hello, can you tell us what mean reasonably price for you? Actually next to Guayacanaes beach there is a Hotel Playa Esmeralda and yes, its open.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    Hello, can you tell us what mean reasonably price for you? Actually next to Guayacanaes beach there is a Hotel Playa Esmeralda and yes, its open.
    Not so much a question of price -

But really a question of location

I Suppose there are different names for the several beaches in Guayacanes?

If that is the - well - about a 3 story concrete hotel?

Do you know anything more about it? Ownership? Service?

and - yes -Room prices?

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

It is at the Juan Dolio end of Guayacanes - when I was last there in 2010 was being run by an Italian. https://playaesmeraldabeachresort.co...nicana.com/en/

There are also a couple of airbnb properties in Guayacanes as well.

Matilda

Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums
    www.DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    It is at the Juan Dolio end of Guayacanes - when I was last there in 2010 was being run by an Italian. https://playaesmeraldabeachresort.co...nicana.com/en/

There are also a couple of airbnb properties in Guayacanes as well.

Matilda
    Oh - yes - I was there once -

spent only a nite

They put me in a room near the pool - probably thought they were doing me a favor

I could not rest

They offered me another room but I just called a cab and went back to the Capital

That is not at all the Hotel about which I am enquiring..

It is going to perhaps take a scout to go out and find out

Does any one living in the Capital here on this Board who ever go out there?

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure you are not talking about Fior di Loto in old Juan Dolio? I don't know any other hotels in Guayacanes.

http://www.fiordilotohotel.com/

Matilda

Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums
    www.DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

There used to be a small hotel right on the beach in Guayacanes called Sol y Mar. It was next to Coral Costa Caribe. Not fancy at all. I stayed there a few times because a friend of mine had an apartment across the street from it. I do not spend much time in a room so I don't care how rustic or how fancy it is. The beach in Guayacanes was my favorite in the area. I often wonder if the little hotel is still there.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    Are you sure you are not talking about Fior di Loto in old Juan Dolio? I don't know any other hotels in Guayacanes.

http://www.fiordilotohotel.com/

Matilda
    yes - absolutely.. I adore the Flor de Loto - stayed there more than once - great Indian decor - easy walk to the beach - incredibly cheap rooms..

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

yes - absolutely.. I adore the Flor de Loto - stayed there more than once - great Indian decor - easy walk to the beach - incredibly cheap rooms..
    MODS - GUAYACANES is to the EAST of Santo Domingo - between Boca Chico and Juan Dolio

It is the "hidden gem' of Capitalenos

Costs about 1500 pesos to get there by taxi

It is NOT on the South West Coast

please move my Guayacanes part back to the Santo Domino Forum

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

MODS - GUAYACANES is to the EAST of Santo Domingo - between Boca Chico and Juan Dolio

It is the "hidden gem' of Capitalenos

Costs about 1500 pesos to get there by taxi

It is NOT on the South West Coast

please move my Guayacanes part back to the Santo Domino Forum
    Annie, it’s in the South Coast forum, which is for Boca Chica, Juan Dolio, La Romana, Bayahibe, all east of Santo Domingo. Actually, our favorite beach in that area is Embassy Beach/Playa Caribe.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast