Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Guayacanes?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    Let us keep in mind, and agree that nature does change over the course of time.

You have had no shortage of three posters stating the reality of which currently exists in Guayacanes, here and now, but you wish to maintain a solid footing of a certain past. Reminiscing is fine. We all do it. As we get older, a little bit more than previously. But in the end, the actuality of the situation today, is the reality in which we face.

The three posters speaking contrary to the leitmotif presented are, or have been within Guayacanes RECENTLY. Times change.

My best advice is to come for a visit, and investigate for yourself, as it seems the current reports do not meet your standard of acceptance.
    Yes - I can believe that even nature changes over time. Hard to believe that the reef that protected the swimming area at Guyacnes would have so eroded in 3 years that riptides would be present but I grant you that possibility.

Which brings me back to my original question of whether or not the one hotel there is open?

I did not know of any Air BnBs open there - but then AirBnBs would not have been my choice as a stay when going anywhere in the DR. I prefer something that is professionally managed.

There was - to my knowledge - only one hotel in Guyacanes.

I did actually stay once in the main house at little motel that was opposite the Swiss Deli - but it was an improvised visit and we were three folks quite desperate to find a place over New Years. My suspicion was that the motel, which was accessible from the highway, was a "pay by the hour" sorta place.

So - the hotel access the beach from Los Pescadores - anyone?

I am not interested in Juan Dolio...

Thanks...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Caonabo,
    You are correct on my part. The only recent info I have about Juan Dolio and area is from DR1. I thank you and others in the area.for the recent updates.
    When I speak about JD I do mention that I am talking about the past. That is why I do not give advice about it.
    What I do know is that JD is no where near what it was when I lived there.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mountainannie View Post
    Yes - I can believe that even nature changes over time. Hard to believe that the reef that protected the swimming area at Guyacnes would have so eroded in 3 years that riptides would be present but I grant you that possibility.

Which brings me back to my original question of whether or not the one hotel there is open?

I did not know of any Air BnBs open there - but then AirBnBs would not have been my choice as a stay when going anywhere in the DR. I prefer something that is professionally managed.

There was - to my knowledge - only one hotel in Guyacanes.

I did actually stay once in the main house at little motel that was opposite the Swiss Deli - but it was an improvised visit and we were three folks quite desperate to find a place over New Years. My suspicion was that the motel, which was accessible from the highway, was a "pay by the hour" sorta place.

So - the hotel access the beach from Los Pescadores - anyone?

I am not interested in Juan Dolio...

Thanks...
    Si Dios lo permite, I will be returning to this part of the country more or less around day one of July. If you have not received the information you are seeking as of that time from other sources within this forum, I will inquire for you.

4. Likes mountainannie, dulce liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dulce View Post
    Caonabo,
    You are correct on my part. The only recent info I have about Juan Dolio and area is from DR1. I thank you and others in the area.for the recent updates.
    When I speak about JD I do mention that I am talking about the past. That is why I do not give advice about it.
    What I do know is that JD is no where near what it was when I lived there.
    Again my visits to this region of the country are strictly limited to my golf and business agenda, but while there, I do like to drive around and see what is new and what not. If you have any specific items you would like to know about or seek information for, please PM me and I will attempt to find those answers for you as well. They should not be too hard to come by. It is a small area to navigate, and a stop at Giulia's usually answers all that you can not find on your own.

6. Likes dulce liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Si Dios lo permite, I will be returning to this part of the country more or less around day one of July. If you have not received the information you are seeking as of that time from other sources within this forum, I will inquire for you.
    many thanks!

8. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mountainannie View Post
    Has anyone been out to Guayacanes recently? It is SUCH a gorgeous beach. Outside of Las Terrenas my pick for the most beautiful beach in the DR.
    Yes, I was there for Holy Week recently while visiting a friend. Even thought it was packed with locals, it was a good experience. I have to return during a non-holiday time.

10. Likes dulce, mountainannie liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Taylor View Post
    Yes, I was there for Holy Week recently while visiting a friend. Even thought it was packed with locals, it was a good experience. I have to return during a non-holiday time.
    During Semana Santa it must have been packed! At that time, lots of folks from the Capital travel out even by bus. Those with cars bring their coolers. There are guys at the beach to rent out both chairs and umbrellas. You will find that during the week, in season, you can always find them to rent you chairs and umbrellas, and go back and forth to bring you cold Coke and beer. Maybe even go over to the "other beach" - where they have stands for cooking fish? They do not cook fish on the beach by Los Pescadores - because - well "Los Pescadores" is one of the Best Fish Places .... The Swimming is fabulous!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Hemingway is building 2 condo Hotels, 24 floors, maybe bring some more activity to the airea, they have some apartment and a building but looks like the management of that part will be diferent than the new one, also build small boutique hotel. Hodelpa has another 6 floor building that is on hold for remodelation while they finish they new hotles in Santo Domingo and Punta Cana, Emotions in Juan Dolio is running pretty well.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

As mentioned in DR1 Daily News of Tuesday, 25 June 2019.....

Mayor of Guayacanes and Juan Dolio robbed

In the early hours of Monday morning, 24 June 2019, masked men in military gear entered the home of the mayor of Juan Dolio and Guayacanes, John Francisco Hazim Albainy. According to the Police report, they came while he was sleeping on his terrace, hitting him with a pistol, taking money, things from the home, and two motorcycles.

It appears he was sleeping when they entered at 2:20am, and then made him go into the bedroom and open the safe where they took a Cartier watch, gold Cartier bracelet, three gold chains, his cell phone, RD$9,000 in cash and other valuables. He was left tied up with tape across his mouth.

https://www.diariolibre.com/actualid...en-su-vivienda

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Again my visits to this region of the country are strictly limited to my golf and business agenda, but while there, I do like to drive around and see what is new and what not. If you have any specific items you would like to know about or seek information for, please PM me and I will attempt to find those answers for you as well. They should not be too hard to come by. It is a small area to navigate, and a stop at Giulia's usually answers all that you can not find on your own.
    Ahhh, Juan Dolio's own National Enquirer.
    They're still there?
    Whoever introduces the old again to recognize the new, can be a teacher to others.
    (Confucius)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234