Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Two nights for US$5k? Three nights for US$6.5k?

Incredible!

Mom CB spent 24 days at Coraminas, 11 days in ICU with 8 days on a ventilator, all doctor fees, tests, tomography, xrays, medicines, etc, for around US$23k.

Screw CNC and Sunbelt. You guys got taken big time! No way they would *ever* charge a Dominican or Dominican insurance company those kinds of fees.
    Yup, even the doctor told us they love patients like us (patients with international insurance) since the insurance companies don't ask questions and pay whatever bill the hospital sends them.
    They didn't even ask for a credit card or gave a bill, once they saw the international insurance card and called to confirm, they were happy as can be and even tried us to stay a 3rd night, which I fin ally refused because it was clear to me they weren't really doing anything anymore and just wanted to bill another night.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd_mine View Post
    Yup, even the doctor told us they love patients like us (patients with international insurance) since the insurance companies don't ask questions and pay whatever bill the hospital sends them.
    They didn't even ask for a credit card or gave a bill, once they saw the international insurance card and called to confirm, they were happy as can be and even tried us to stay a 3rd night, which I fin ally refused because it was clear to me they weren't really doing anything anymore and just wanted to bill another night.
    We paid cash as we went along, every couple of days.

And I would audit the bill.

I ended getting RD$30,000 back in duplicate charges.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    US insurance must get billed differently
    Makes perfect sense. Insurance companies and Medicare, in the USA, have deals with hospitals for deep discounts, it’s likely that Dominican carriers do too. Foreigners probably pay full price

Admin
    DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Good news is - all patients (now grousing) were treated and released
    Hopefully healthy

Could be worse !!!

Speaking of healthy - I have a healthy relationship w/ CMC
    My reception and treatment is good

5. Likes ljmesg liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd_mine View Post
    I our case the insurance company had a lot to say. First they said that they will cover for all costs involved, which they didn't do. They only paid the hospital bill, nothing else.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chareena View Post
    I our case the insurance company had a lot to say. First they said that they will cover for all costs involved, which they didn't do. They only paid the hospital bill, nothing else.
    Yes, we had our regular health insurance plus an additional travel insurance, so all costs were covered by either one or the other.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123