Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CMC and Sunbelt

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Not 100% sure, but it smells of a scam for sure.
    Must be a big scam organized by both Sunbelt and CMC or somebody in their organization.
    I was there last year, and everything were covered by my insurance company.
    However, short time after I also got a bill from Sunbelt to my address in Norway. Of course I didn't pay, and never heard back from them.
    Obviously they try to scam patients, and give up if you don't pay.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like a scam, but I don't think it is. Sunbelt becomes involved when the insurance company doesn't pay soon enough. My husband was hospitalised at CMC in March, the invoice from Sunbelt (dated in June) arrived around mid July, the insurance company paid the hospital invoice in late August/beginning of September. Naturally I didn't pay the Sunbelt invoice.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly--

When I had a payment issue I had to prod Sunbelt to talk to my Insurance.
    I doubled back to CMC to keep them informed.

It's not a scam but these payments can take time to process.... frustrating

4. Likes Chareena liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chareena View Post
    It seems like a scam, but I don't think it is. Sunbelt becomes involved when the insurance company doesn't pay soon enough. My husband was hospitalised at CMC in March, the invoice from Sunbelt (dated in June) arrived around mid July, the insurance company paid the hospital invoice in late August/beginning of September. Naturally I didn't pay the Sunbelt invoice.
    Yes, This.
    Same thing happened to us when my wife spend 2 nights at CMC when we were on vacation.
    Like half a year later Sunbelt send a huge bill (over 5K dollars) to my mother in law in Santo Domingo. She panicked of course. I guess that was the address we gave CMC.
    I called the insurance company and they informed me that Sunbelt needed to be more patient and that they would handle it. Never heard from Sunbelt again.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd_mine View Post
    Yes, This.
    Same thing happened to us when my wife spend 2 nights at CMC when we were on vacation.
    Like half a year later Sunbelt send a huge bill (over 5K dollars) to my mother in law in Santo Domingo. She panicked of course. I guess that was the address we gave CMC.
    I called the insurance company and they informed me that Sunbelt needed to be more patient and that they would handle it. Never heard from Sunbelt again.
    Same here. My invoice was 6500 USD for three nights, and the insurance company said that my husband was not sick. He passed away in June last year! A person who is not sick, does not die.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems the insurance company is the problem in this case.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn’t matter which insurance company you use takes up to yr to pay hospital...many times it was stupid mistake on paperwork that stalled payments..call insurer to rectify or hospital or insurance might not cover you next time..

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to say if CMC is slow to bill or SunBelt is slow to react or the insurance company drags its feet

One thing is certain... I had the same experience as being stated here

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd_mine View Post
    Yes, This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chareena View Post
    Same here. My invoice was 6500 USD for three nights, and the insurance company said that my husband was not sick. He passed away in June last year! A person who is not sick, does not die.
    Two nights for US$5k? Three nights for US$6.5k?

Incredible!

Mom CB spent 24 days at Coraminas, 11 days in ICU with 8 days on a ventilator, all doctor fees, tests, tomography, xrays, medicines, etc, for around US$23k.

Screw CNC and Sunbelt. You guys got taken big time! No way they would *ever* charge a Dominican or Dominican insurance company those kinds of fees.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

US insurance must get billed differently

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast