Congratulation to Roberto Salcedo!& the PLD!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Senor Salcedo ,a popular TV show host and entertainer,has just been elected "Mayor" of Santo Domingo! A member of the "PLD" who beat "Peggy",the PRD candidate and widow of Pena Gomez!Now we have a chance to see which party can do a better job "governing"!We have just gone thru 4 years of "Jonny Ventura" of the PRD as Mayor.Can,t really blame "Jonny" by the time he gave handouts to all the party faithful ,as he was instructed to do,there was nothing left to run the City!Anyhow,lets see if "Roberto" and the "PLD" can make a difference.If they can,there is hope that Leonel and the PLD,with the help of the PRSC,can once more gain the "Palacio" and get the DR off the "Road to Ruin"that "Hipolito" is roaring down at full speed! Criss Colon

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Don't get your hopes too high!

Roberto, is only the mayor of the "new" Distrito Nacional. Traditionally this is the wealthiest part of Santo Domingo and the one with the least problems. It will be interesting though, to see how the new "cities" interact, how the new authorities work and how long till they realize that splitting may have not be a bright idea.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I bet on Salcedo

When all is said and done, I bet Roberto Salcedo will outdo any previous city mayors and will definetly outsmart and outmaneuvered the other Santo Domingo mayors from the PRD which will most probably spent their whole budget hiring their patronage club.

My only concern would be how he will handle his TV production companies plus the city of Santo Domingo, something Johnny Ventura could not do. Of course, Salcedo's son has been groomed well and he has sorounded himself with good management and talent, where he can excuse himself from his private business.

And true, his job is to take care of the middle, upper-middle and upper class of Santo Domingo. That should not be hard. Salcedo likes clean streets, good sanitation, civic involvement and ample green areas. That's what we want. We could care less if party members need jobs. We don't pay taxes to hire political hacks.

TW