Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Annoying stopover ArkeFly Brussels-Puert Plata

My wife left sunday for a quick familyvisit and told me yesterday that during the stopover they had tonleave the plane, go with their handluggage through the scanner, shoes off etc.. and then waite for two hours in a not air-conditioned space. All boarding again and the same show in POP.
    So if you visit Cabrera-Nagua, think twice. I think I'll get out in Santo Domingo next time. Everybody was complaining she said.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Do we have many options for Puerto Plata?

IMHO, even 2 hr wait at the airport is still much better than 4-5 hr ride from Santo Domingo to Sosua-Cabarete.

Oh, and the correct name for this airline is TuiFly. ArkeFly was flying to/from Amsterdam.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes for Sosua it is the better choice.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

For North Coast I can also recommend charter Eurowings. Paid yesterday for Dusseldorf - Samana 8700 Pesos ($170) at Sabina's office in Puerto Plata. Food and 23kg bag is included in the fare. They also fly twice a week from Dusseldorf to Puerto Plata - on Tuesdays and Fridays.

5. Likes Uzin, jinty05 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bred View Post
    For North Coast I can also recommend charter Eurowings. Paid yesterday for Dusseldorf - Samana 8700 Pesos ($170) at Sabina's office in Puerto Plata. Food and 23kg bag is included in the fare. They also fly twice a week from Dusseldorf to Puerto Plata - on Tuesdays and Fridays.
    Yes, this is available but only through agents, no online. You had a really excellent price for a one way trip (not sure when that was), the summer cost of DUS -> POP is currently about €433 from German agents - that is one way.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Great for the germans but we live close to Brussels and Düsseldorf is a 200+ drive. I paid around 600 roundtrip last week.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uzin View Post
    not sure when that was
    For this Saturday, June 29. Sabina said for early July there are tickets DUS to POP around EUR 150. I guess the common rule with charter flights - the fewer days before the flights - the cheaper the tickets get.

9. Likes Uzin liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bred View Post
    For this Saturday, June 29. Sabina said for early July there are tickets DUS to POP around EUR 150. I guess the common rule with charter flights - the fewer days before the flights - the cheaper the tickets get.
    That is so cheap, although if too close to date the flight could be full, and as things are with flights to POP, you could end up with no tickets and no alternative....!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The Paris to SDQ flight stops in Punta Cana first...

You can see the stops when you are booking the ticket....
    it won't be a surprise.

Fulano.... I bet the POP leg costs more money too !!
    more than just to SDQ

I am changing my travel patterns and will be using SDQ more than EWR or JFK
    I can get directly to PHL that way...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    The Paris to SDQ flight stops in Punta Cana first...

You can see the stops when you are booking the ticket....
    it won't be a surprise.

Fulano.... I bet the POP leg costs more money too !!
    more than just to SDQ

I am changing my travel patterns and will be using SDQ more than EWR or JFK
    I can get directly to PHL that way...
    In winter they increase from 1 to 2 weekly flights from PHL to SDQ, yes Airfrance in slow season stop in PUJ then go to SDQ for winter they have direct flights with non stop, Air Caraibes stop in PAP before then go to SDQ, Now Tuifly sundays go to POP with stop in SDQ and Tuesday they go PUJ also with stop in SDQ, Blue Panorama from Milan stop in SDQ on friday and in its way back to Milan stop in ANU.

The part I didnt get was to wait for more than 2 hrs in an space with no air conditioner.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast