Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    I still think the BA Punta Cana Gatwick route is the best. I get Caribe Tours to Santo Domingo, have an hour for lunch, then Santo Domingo to Punta Cana. Both nice buses, both have wifi, nice to read a book, work or rest. Always someone to help with the luggage. I stay with friends overnight then fly out the next day. Easy, RD$1000 pesos for buses and a taxi between bus stations. With the time of the flight another option is to stay over in Santo Domingo.

Matilda
    Does the Santo Domingo to Punta Cana bus departs from the same station that the bus arrives from the north coast !? That saves another taxi fare... !)

I guess you are saving some by staying with your friends and probably they pick you up and drop you off the airport (that is another two taxi fares to be added).

Add all the fees to this 9 or 10 hours on the bus on DR roads and the whole trip becomes uncomfortable, then you have to do it all over to go back....! That's why I try to avoid it, I think I did it once going to Santo Domingo, but that was when I wanted to stay and visit the capital for a few days, so made an adventure out of it...

But the way things going south we may not have any "reasonably" priced option to POP from Europe in the future, this is when the government needs to step in and do something about it, but they have PC $$$ flashing in their eyes, so don't care much about this company running POP airport and basically purging put all the European routes with their high fees - probably easier for NA airlines as they are not coming such a long way and no need for refueling or staying over night or re-stocking or other services ....

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uzin View Post
    Does the Santo Domingo to Punta Cana bus departs from the same station that the bus arrives from the north coast !? That saves another taxi fare... !)

I guess you are saving some by staying with your friends and probably they pick you up and drop you off the airport (that is another two taxi fares to be added).

Add all the fees to this 9 or 10 hours on the bus on DR roads and the whole trip becomes uncomfortable,
    Ten minutes between the two bus stations, taxis always available, cost RD$200. Yes re friends but if they were not available there is the Sheraton Four Points very close to the airport and they do free transfers. So even adding the 'fees' I really find this to be the best option. BA is also a very nice flight, and sitting in a comfortable bus, being able to work, sleep or read, I find much preferable to on and off planes, and waiting for hours in a foreign airport.

Matilda
    Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The annoying stopover with tuifly.be happens only when final destination is Puerto Plata, not when departing POP.

The tui flight to Europe/Brussels is perfect for a short stopover (2 hours is about right, no stress in security and time for meal/refreshments) before next flight to your final destination.

Arrives in BRU at 7:10, and thus many options available for taking next flight to your final destination in Europe.

Absolutely perfect for me when going home to Norway, but the flight back to POP would be better without the stopover in Santo Domingo. Also leaves to late from Brussel to have many connecting flights, sleepover in Brussels is not to bad though, interesting town.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etolw View Post
    Also leaves to late from Brussel to have many connecting flights, sleepover in Brussels is not to bad though, interesting town.
    leaves to early , sorry for the typo

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234