Availability of cheap tours to La Plataforma/Isla Cabra/Siete Hermanos

D

dr-backpacking

Hello!

I am doing research for my website and am having a hard time finding the best spots to hire a boat in Monte Cristi to visit Isla Cabra, La Plataforma, and Cayos Siete Hermanos? Sadly, when we visited Monte Cristi we never got a chance to see these places.

I have found one tour company who offers these tours, but nothing about hiring a boat yourself once in the city. Is it possible to find a private captain to take you near the other side of the river from the Nautical Club?

The one tour company I have found offers private tours for 2 people (which is not preferred for me as I'm looking for the cheapest ways to visit) for the following prices:

Isla Cabra - 2000
Mangroves/Plataforma/Isla Cabra: 3800
Mangroves/Plataforma/Natural Pools/Isla Cabra: 5400
7 Hermanos/Visit 2 islands: 8000

I am looking for the most budget friendly options and am mostly interested in Isla Cabra and the Plataforma, however would love to get information on 7 Hermanos if there is a cheaper way to see them.

Thanks!

M

mountainannie

Hello!

I am doing research for my website and am having a hard time finding the best spots to hire a boat in Monte Cristi to visit Isla Cabra, La Plataforma, and Cayos Siete Hermanos? Sadly, when we visited Monte Cristi we never got a chance to see these places.

I have found one tour company who offers these tours, but nothing about hiring a boat yourself once in the city. Is it possible to find a private captain to take you near the other side of the river from the Nautical Club?

The one tour company I have found offers private tours for 2 people (which is not preferred for me as I'm looking for the cheapest ways to visit) for the following prices:

Isla Cabra - 2000
Mangroves/Plataforma/Isla Cabra: 3800
Mangroves/Plataforma/Natural Pools/Isla Cabra: 5400
7 Hermanos/Visit 2 islands: 8000

I am looking for the most budget friendly options and am mostly interested in Isla Cabra and the Plataforma, however would love to get information on 7 Hermanos if there is a cheaper way to see them.

Thanks!

I have no idea about prices - since I never hired a boat to go out to those islands

I did hire one to go back into the river into the mangroves - there is a swimming platform there

unfortunately - while there HAD been a ladder attached to the floating dock - it was broken and thus impossible for us to be assured that we could get back ON the platform - and so we did not dive in. Can't remember the price.

We simply asked about among the fisherman on the beach for prices. There is a yacht club across the street from the beach which would probably also know of locals with boats who could take you across.

This area is not well delveloped for tourists, although it is very beautiful. So I suspect that printing any prices would not be useful. The question would always be finding someone who is reliable enough to take you and then - well - not Forget to come get you!

I stayed at three different hotels there - only one that I would recommend and it was more at "Spa" prices.

Do Not Forget Really Good Bug Spray and Long Pants and Long Shirts

The mosquitos up in Monte Christi Have Trained with the National Air Force