Best Apart-Hotel

kaferro

Jan 21, 2002
I will be in SD for a couple of months, and I want to find a really nice Apart-Hotel to stay in. Any suggestions?

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
El Refugio near the east end of El Conde.

Small hotel...but best for your buck. Clean, cable tv that works, well maintained....i could go on and on. they just do it right. but it is a small room. i have been all over SD and this one is the best for the money. seems like I paid 4000RD for a month.

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
I have a question I never understood. What is an Aparta Hotel? About 14 years in Costambar they were seeling apartments in Villa Marlena and they were described as Aparta Hotel. The best I could detrmine was that you purchased a condo could use it during the year, but for 5 years Marlena got the rent. Then a few years later people who bought and wanted to sell had to pay Marlena money. It sounded fishy to me. At the time there was an Aparta Hotel Elizabeth in Cofresi. Can anyone explain this concept to me? I'd reaaly appreciate it.
Thanks,

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Apartahotel is a term usually used to refer to a hotel business that rents out furnished and equipped apartments instead of hotel rooms. That means you get to cook in your apartment. The rates are lower than those you would pay for a hotel room because most of the clients stay more than a month. Some operations will offer maid service, even cleaning linens, some may have a cafeteria, others may not.

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
Aparthotel next to Malec?n

There is a small aparthotel located next to the Hotel Napolitano (Calle El N?mero # 6, Ciudad Nueva) with studios ranging from 2000 to 4000RD Pesos monthly. Fully equipped with cooking facility, Cable TV, refrigerator, fan. Usually studios are rented out for one month or more to foreigners.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Aparthotel Millenium near the National Palace is good..I stayed there 3 times but couldn't tell you the monthly rates. Real nice people there too although most don't speak english.
Plaza Florida on Bolivar in Gazcue is real nice too.

dirtydoenzing

Jul 27, 2002
Hi Hansbert
Hi Jan

Your informations about Apart Hotels in the Capital of the Dom. Republic sounds nice.

We're looking for one too, from the end of november 2002 till 8 of January 2003.

I'm looking for the phone-numbers of this Aparthotels: El Refugio and the one from Hansbert for 4000 Rd$ en la Independencia.

Can anyone give us any more information ?

thanx and greetings from Switzerland

Anny and Martin

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
Aparthotel in Calle El N?mero # 6, Ciudad Nueva

The aparthotel (ref. hansbert) is not located in Av. Independencia but in Calle el N?mero # 6. Tel. No. 682 21 38. I cannot guarantee that by the date you intend to come to Sto Dgo there will be any vacancies but just phone me a few days before your arrival

Macoris

Apr 17, 2002
El Refugio

Do not stay at El REFUGIO. It is a dump. I stayed there and I do not recommend it at all. It is cheap and it has cooking facility but it is good at all. Matter of fact, el Refugio has been for sale for the year or so but there is anyone interested in buying it.

Goodluck.