Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Malls in SD

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post
    Downtown had plenty of smoke I think it was this weekend. I don’t know if it was one store and the plaza is still open or if they closed the plaza until all the mess is cleaned up. Might not be a good mall to visit due to that, although it’s sort of new (and small).
    True, a restaurant got fire this week.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

@OP, here is another thought that would make for a nice day. Do Agora Mall, walk across JFK and browse in IKEA. Cross back JFK and go to Pedro Mir Metro station. Take the Metro to Eduardo Brito and transfer to the Teleferico. Ride to the second stop on the Teleferico and reverse back to the Metro.

This time take the Metro to Ramón Cáceres stop. From here flag down a taxi to take you to the cathedral on el conde. See the cathedral, walk down el conde to parque independencia and from there take a taxi to the bus depot for San Pedro.

Nice mix of things to do and will easily fill your day.

3. Likes NanSanPedro, nekokatt, Riva_31 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    @OP, here is another thought that would make for a nice day. Do Agora Mall, walk across JFK and browse in IKEA. Cross back JFK and go to Pedro Mir Metro station. Take the Metro to Eduardo Brito and transfer to the Teleferico. Ride to the second stop on the Teleferico and reverse back to the Metro.

This time take the Metro to Ramón Cáceres stop. From here flag down a taxi to take you to the cathedral on el conde. See the cathedral, walk down el conde to parque independencia and from there take a taxi to the bus depot for San Pedro.

Nice mix of things to do and will easily fill your day.
    Thanks. I need to copy this down into my phone. Otherwise I will get lost!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NanSanPedro View Post
    Thanks. I need to copy this down into my phone. Otherwise I will get lost!
    LOL, I think it will be an enjoyable time with a lot of different things to see all in a day.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

BB you are amazing with your Santo Domingo "boots on the ground info". I have been here for years but still find something new in your posts!!!

7. Likes bienamor liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keepcoming View Post
    BB you are amazing with your Santo Domingo "boots on the ground info". I have been here for years but still find something new in your posts!!!
    Thanks keepcoming, main reason I love SD centro as always something different to do.

9. Likes keepcoming liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that it's fun to ride the metro in the capital, but don't forget that we have Uber and it works really well. Always just check that the plate at the back of the vehicle matches the number on your app and you are safe. For buzzing around the capital like this, Uber is definitely the best.

11. Likes nekokatt liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

From top to bottom:
    1. Blue Mall
    2. Agora Mall
    3. Galeria 360
    4. MegaCentro

Don't be fooled, though! The cafeteria at MegaCentro has food to die for--variety, quality, and price.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas61 View Post
    From top to bottom:
    1. Blue Mall
    2. Agora Mall
    3. Galeria 360
    4. MegaCentro

Don't be fooled, though! The cafeteria at MegaCentro has food to die for--variety, quality, and price.

Where's Sambil? Which has to be #1 for the locals. I believe its number #1 for expats too.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas61 View Post
    From top to bottom:
    1. Blue Mall
    2. Agora Mall
    3. Galeria 360
    4. MegaCentro

I like the Chilis at Blue Mall

15. Likes Riva_31 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12