TEASER!

M

Meemselle

Meemselle has rec'd her new computer, replacing the one so ruthlessly stolen on the 2nd night of Pesach/Sat. of Semana Santa. Have not even been able to write about it, so for better or for worse, expect quite a Few Words from Meemselle. (More if I can get the touch of the new keyboard, which is very different. Maybe because it's not encrusted with crumbs.

M

Meemselle

A VERY FEW WORDS

And Here We Go!

Posted on June 28, 2019 by meemselle
https://meemselle.wordpress.com/?fbclid=IwAR3ZeqL6rTMZRTgQXsdvclOUM0GPOPRhS3s-9mcnJZimNNDqU6p2uvDoTy8

If I had audio, I would record the moans of pure joy that I feel with a keyboard under my fingers. But that would be un-dignified, and so my task here, DARLINOS, is to fill you in, in just a Few Words, on the circumstances of this long gap.

{ASIDE: I’d love to be able to do a poll and ask you how much you missed me, but I would probably be disappointed. Exit: stage left.}

So, in a nutshell: I was robbed on the 2nd night of Pesach/Saturday of Semana Santa. A very thorough job. They crow-barred the caja fuerte out of the wall. My passport, some exquisite pearls, and a gold/diamond watch from Tiffany were in the caja fuerte. My great friend the Italian tells me the only thing you keep in a caja fuerte is a gun and a bomb. My German friend tells me you put NOTHING in a caja fuerte, but for a piece of paper with the words, “HaHa.”

Whatever. It’s only stuff. And it was a clean job, I must say: they didn’t pee on the bed or crap in the middle of the living room or anything; didn’t shred upholstery.

When I called Beloved Son to tell him the news (why do I do this to him? He is going to need SO much therapy.) It was a Sat. night, it was 10 p.m. in LA, 2nd night Pesach, so he had people over, he answers the phone, all up-beat, “Hey, Mom! How ya doin’?” And I said (calmly): “I’m OK.” And Beloved Son responded: “Oy. This isn’t going to be good.” What kind of mother does that kind of a buzz-kill to a 24-yr old? ME, I guess. I only started to cry when I told him that my Red Sox earrings that he bought me were part of the heist. He said: “Eemah. I will get you new Red Sox earrings.”

Trying to cut to the chase, because it’s really only meant to be a Few Words, I left Ruido Park at the end of May and am blissfully ensconced back in the Mango Penthouse.

I hope my Gentle Readers are not getting entangled in the news about the DR and I-Have-No-Idea-What/Why/How-USSA-News is churning stories about the DR. I live here. It’s a way different perspective. I so freely admit to have skinny, which I may share, with selected personages, as long as it’s not lashon ha-ra.

It’s good to be back, wearing the Red Sox earrings, Darlinos!

A

AlterEgo

Glad to see you posting again, and even gladder (is that a word? It sounds odd) that you weren't home when you were robbed.

M

mountainannie

Oh - Sweetie, Dahling - So very sorry to hear about the robbery - but I do quite agree about the safe. I had a friend in SD who ahared with me that she had "diamonds and rubies" in hers - which I thought unwise - but to HAVE them there and to share that info - Not with ME, of course - since pretty stones do not Tempt Me - nor was I likely to share such info.. But said Friend did have a tendency to tipple too much and such news might have well been of interest to some.

In my family, one always kept such valuables in places such as The Sock Drawer. Or the Cookie Jar. Or hidden with the Flour. The Jewelry Box was reserved for Trinkets and Baubles.

For myself, anything like that that had any value had long ago been sold to pay for some extended back packing trip to Mexico or a tax lien on the house.

I am now a Fiesta Ware/ $6 dollar earring sorta gal.

But I do adore my Big Larimar Necklace

Which certainly Does Impress the Jewelery Store Owners here (when I pop in to see if there is a bauble? A $45 dollar Lapis ring? something small? "WOW - The PRICE of Larimar HAS REALLY Skyrocketed they will say..

So - I would advise that one Invest in Larimar...

Be Well

Memselle

K

keepcoming

Ay Meems it is good to hear you from you again. Sorry about what happened, but in true Meems style you keep it moving...lol

M

Meemselle

Glad to see you posting again, and even gladder (is that a word? It sounds odd) that you weren't home when you were robbed.

Me too! And I was also glad that my ancient dog had crossed the Rainbow Bridge, because they probably would have hurt him, even though he was so old he probably would have slept through it.

A

Abuela

Glad you are ok and not hurt. I imagine chapter two for us will be the ordeal of replacing your passport. Do tell.