Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure this crackdown has anything to do w/ registering

As I read the post... people are 'faking' their way thru customs... on cell phones.... $$$$ ones
    no original packaging, phony cracked screens, etc

I did that once by accident .... ship a scratch & dent fridge....not by courier
    they marked it down as used

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

They've been after the couriers for a while now. They weren't having any luck there, so have folks register to see who is bringing in what instead.

When they see WW bringing in 10 Cel Phones they'll know it's not for personal use. (jk WW)

I import a lot of stuff both for myself and for friends, and I was asked once about why I needed so many of a particular item, but I gave an explanation and never heard anything again.

I'm pretty sure DGA has enough software to review and single out persons who are importing more than personal quantities of things.

I'm pretty sure there's nothing for us to be concerned about.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up folks, I just registered to be safe took about two minutes. They even sent me this..

Gracias por activar su Registro Usuario de Servicios Courier

Fecha de confirmación 28/06/2019 06:32:39 p. m..

Para más información puede llamar a nuestro Centro de Contacto, marcando 809-547-7442 o escribir a [email protected]

Este correo se genera de forma automática. Favor no responder.

Dirección General de Aduanas, más abierta que nunca.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You cannot bring 5 or more articles of same model/type in one package, and you cannot bring more than 6 articles total in one package (or combined packages in that day if using multiple couriers).

I learned the hard way when the Chinese seller listed a packing list on the invoice ... plug, cord, adapter, manual, quick start guide, carrying pouch ... there were about 12 items listed on invoice for a 185 USD article. I had to pay ITBIS and customs processing fee to the courier, because Aduana considered it "commercial import because of quantity". Fortunately i was able to process the "import" under my company so I get a tax deduction. Later on I got a tip by UPS about the referenced values - 5 or more of the same articles and/or a total of 6 or more articles in a shipped box - quite likely to get stopped by Aduana.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

It's just another layer in being able identify things/people/whatever

I think , when the smoke clears, people will be surprised at the level of sophistication

6. Likes Peterj liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been bringing in items for years. This past week was the first time that I had my purchases held up in aduanas (where they still are.) I registered, but we are a DR non-profit and nowhere in the registration process was there a place to say that you were a registered non- profit business. I hope that this is not the start of the frustrations.

Lindsey

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I am afraid they will write down everything you buy so when you buy 4 pair of sneakers in a period of 1 year, they might charge you the importduties, they will probably try it...
    Then we have to "prove" we used those 4 pairs for ourselves...
    It can become quite nasty and in the long run most likely the "US$ 200 rule" will disappear and we will pay taxes for everything...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    It's just another layer in being able identify things/people/whatever

I think , when the smoke clears, people will be surprised at the level of sophistication
    Same here. They have the most advanced system in the world for import tracking and tax collection that I think they are either still trying to figure out how to use some parts of it, or trying to figure out what they can get away with.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    Same here. They have the most advanced system in the world for import tracking and tax collection that I think they are either still trying to figure out how to use some parts of it, or trying to figure out what they can get away with.
    What about the blue tanks? I send lots of stuff a few times a year from the states. Do they fall under this regulation or just folks like CPS/EPS? (I mean I have stuff sent to me in DR in those shipping tanks)

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Rey de Mangu View Post
    What about the blue tanks? I send lots of stuff a few times a year from the states. Do they fall under this regulation or just folks like CPS/EPS? (I mean I have stuff sent to me in DR in those shipping tanks)
    Sorry, can't help you there. I've never shipped a drum of stuff.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast