Aduana Cracking Down

A

AlterEgo

computer translated:

Customs denounces bring to the country new cellular as used through courier

The entity said that shipments are made through shippings or "muzenras" and that they send the equipment separated from their original packaging

Through the couriers in the country new cellular phones are being introduced as used for the purpose of "evading the payment of taxes". This was reported Thursday by the General Directorate of Customs (DGA).

To execute the action, which is according to the institution is done through the shippings or "mudanceras", the people who send the phones separate them from their original packaging and insert them into others "that pretend to be pencil or cosmetic cases". To complete the operation, the original boxes and accessories are shipped separately in separate shipments, Customs said. He added that the mobiles that are being brought in fraudulently are high-end.

Another method used, according to the entity, is that they proceed to place a protective sheet on the mobile screens that simulates being broken, "with the intention that they look like devices used and usable in repairs, only with some of their pieces" .

Customs said that for those facts justify the zeal in the inspection of packages, as well as the creation of General Standard 01-2018, which regulates the fractionation of goods through the courier service, "which includes the implementation of the Single Customs Registry (RUA). ), obligatory identification before Customs of the buyers by Internet, indispensable requirement to use the services courier as of the 28 of July of the current year ".

Drugs in the AILA

On the other hand, he reported that he confiscated nine packages of marijuana introduced into the country in the courier goods shipments that enter through the International Airport of the Americas (AILA).

To the packages of the drug is added the seizure of bottles with liquid of the same substance, disclosed at the beginning of weeks by the entity.

He said, in a press release, that the seized substance was inside audio horns, as well as the previous ones seized by officers in the aforementioned air terminal. The cases were delivered to the National Directorate of Drug Control (DNCD).

"In the span of the last ten days, there are 27 marijuana packages, 5 bottles of cannabis extract and 29 capsules of THC (liquid cannabis) found in different shipments through the AILA," he said in the note.

https://www.diariolibre.com/economi...os-como-usados-a-traves-de-courier-AB13219696

C

cavok

BM Cargo advised me that starting in July aduanas will be holding all shipments from persons who have not registered on the aduana site.

S

SantiagoDR

BM Cargo advised me that starting in July aduanas will be holding all shipments from persons who have not registered on the aduana site.

I believe the effected date of that is July 28th, 2019.

I just registered yesterday.

E

El Rey de Mangu

I believe the effected date of that is July 28th, 2019.

I just registered yesterday.

so who needs to register? the person who's receiving on the ground in DR or the sender from the US?

S

SantiagoDR

The receiver ( Client - YOU! ) of shipper, if you want to continue to get your packages you have sent here..

S

SantiagoDR

wisj0i.jpg

W

william webster

I'm not sure this crackdown has anything to do w/ registering

As I read the post... people are 'faking' their way thru customs... on cell phones.... $$$$ ones
no original packaging, phony cracked screens, etc

I did that once by accident .... ship a scratch & dent fridge....not by courier
they marked it down as used

J

JDJones

They've been after the couriers for a while now. They weren't having any luck there, so have folks register to see who is bringing in what instead.

When they see WW bringing in 10 Cel Phones they'll know it's not for personal use. (jk WW)

I import a lot of stuff both for myself and for friends, and I was asked once about why I needed so many of a particular item, but I gave an explanation and never heard anything again.

I'm pretty sure DGA has enough software to review and single out persons who are importing more than personal quantities of things.

I'm pretty sure there's nothing for us to be concerned about.

T

tht

Thanks for the heads up folks, I just registered to be safe took about two minutes. They even sent me this..

Gracias por activar su Registro Usuario de Servicios Courier

Fecha de confirmación 28/06/2019 06:32:39 p. m..

Para más información puede llamar a nuestro Centro de Contacto, marcando 809-547-7442 o escribir a ayuda@dga.gov.do

Este correo se genera de forma automática. Favor no responder.

Dirección General de Aduanas, más abierta que nunca.

R

rubio_higuey

You cannot bring 5 or more articles of same model/type in one package, and you cannot bring more than 6 articles total in one package (or combined packages in that day if using multiple couriers).

I learned the hard way when the Chinese seller listed a packing list on the invoice ... plug, cord, adapter, manual, quick start guide, carrying pouch ... there were about 12 items listed on invoice for a 185 USD article. I had to pay ITBIS and customs processing fee to the courier, because Aduana considered it "commercial import because of quantity". Fortunately i was able to process the "import" under my company so I get a tax deduction. Later on I got a tip by UPS about the referenced values - 5 or more of the same articles and/or a total of 6 or more articles in a shipped box - quite likely to get stopped by Aduana.

W

william webster

It's just another layer in being able identify things/people/whatever

I think , when the smoke clears, people will be surprised at the level of sophistication

L

LindseyKaufman

I have been bringing in items for years. This past week was the first time that I had my purchases held up in aduanas (where they still are.) I registered, but we are a DR non-profit and nowhere in the registration process was there a place to say that you were a registered non- profit business. I hope that this is not the start of the frustrations.

Lindsey

P

Peterj

I am afraid they will write down everything you buy so when you buy 4 pair of sneakers in a period of 1 year, they might charge you the importduties, they will probably try it...
Then we have to "prove" we used those 4 pairs for ourselves...:ermm:
It can become quite nasty and in the long run most likely the "US$ 200 rule" will disappear and we will pay taxes for everything...:(

J

JDJones

It's just another layer in being able identify things/people/whatever

I think , when the smoke clears, people will be surprised at the level of sophistication

Same here. They have the most advanced system in the world for import tracking and tax collection that I think they are either still trying to figure out how to use some parts of it, or trying to figure out what they can get away with.

E

El Rey de Mangu

Same here. They have the most advanced system in the world for import tracking and tax collection that I think they are either still trying to figure out how to use some parts of it, or trying to figure out what they can get away with.

What about the blue tanks? I send lots of stuff a few times a year from the states. Do they fall under this regulation or just folks like CPS/EPS? (I mean I have stuff sent to me in DR in those shipping tanks)

J

JDJones

What about the blue tanks? I send lots of stuff a few times a year from the states. Do they fall under this regulation or just folks like CPS/EPS? (I mean I have stuff sent to me in DR in those shipping tanks)

Sorry, can't help you there. I've never shipped a drum of stuff.