Questions on DR Citizen Renewing 10 year US Visitor's visa

W

windeguy

My wife is in the process of renewing her 10 year US visitor's B1/B2 visa for the first time renewing it.

All of the on line questions have been answered and the photo accepted on line along with paying the proper fee.

An appointment has been scheduled at the VAC at Galleria 360 in Santo Domingo for fingerprinting and verifying her identity. I read there are no US Consular agents that interview people at this location, it is just a data entry point.

She has never spent more than three weeks at one time in the US and normally visited the US one time a year. So no overstays or issues should be present to block a renewal of this visa.

My question is this:

Will this require another visit for her to Santo Domingo for an interview at a later date in order for the decision to renew her visa is made in front of a consular agent?

W

windeguy

I was actually able to get to a human to speak with about my question above. She told me that taking the biometric information at the VAC in Galleria 360 should be sufficient to renew my wife's 10 B1/B2 Visa.

If there are any complications they will let us know if a follow up interview is needed, but that is unlikely.

B

bienamor

windy what all paper work is required? I know i can look it up

A

Aguaita29

My wife is in the process of renewing her 10 year US visitor's B1/B2 visa for the first time renewing it.

All of the on line questions have been answered and the photo accepted on line along with paying the proper fee.

Will this require another visit for her to Santo Domingo for an interview at a later date in order for the decision to renew her visa is made in front of a consular agent?

They do have the right to call you for an interview, if necesary, but most renewals go on without one. I've also heard that people who've been previously "ten printed", don't need to go to the VAC; they only needed to drop off their passports and confirmation pages at Mailboxes, etc.