apparently - you need something.... a box of sorts

unless you use a car... my friend did... used his car....in the ground

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default bOX OR SPMETHING?

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    apparently - you need something.... a box of sorts

unless you use a car... my friend did... used his car....in the ground
    Maybe if you wanna bury the ashes, but my Father wanted his ashes dumped into a certain moving stream, where he had estimated that it would take 4 months to get to the mouth of the Mississippi if all were months warm enuff for the stream to be moving. No box or anything, just ashes dumped.
    Derfish

3. Likes dulce liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    Maybe if you wanna bury the ashes, but my Father wanted his ashes dumped into a certain moving stream, where he had estimated that it would take 4 months to get to the mouth of the Mississippi if all were months warm enuff for the stream to be moving. No box or anything, just ashes dumped.
    Derfish
    In the US you can pick up cremated remains in any type of container. My nephew picked up my brother's remains in a zip lock baggie.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dulce View Post
    Does your family know of your wishes if you die in the DR?
    Nope.
    Nor would they give sh*t.
    My bloodline ice cold.

6. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

My parents are very old. When they are gone there is nobody left back in Germany who would care about what happened to me when I am dead.

So, I will stay forever in the DR. Dead and alive. This is my home and my family are my wife and my sons.

8. Likes Harleysrock, JDJones, dulce, bienamor liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How to die in the D.R. call 911

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    My parents are very old. When they are gone there is nobody left back in Germany who would care about what happened to me when I am dead.

So, I will stay forever in the DR. Dead and alive. This is my home and my family are my wife and my sons.
    This is the way you go in the D.R.
    I had a heart attack in july 2017. This is a true story believe it or not.

Morning got up my normal time 6:30 in morning. Used B.R. and went to kitchen for water and coffey.
    At the time i thought it was strange the coffey was cold. Thought the joe maker was defective want and turned on computer to get the news and strange feeling hit me in the head and right side. I knew it must be "Heart" grabbed asprin that i keep next to computer took 2 and stumbled to the sofa. Bang i was frozen but could hear and see. I had no pain at all in fact i felt nothing. How long before i was discovered in this state i guess was about maybe half hour my wife found me and started calling my name i could in no way respond. So she did what i now know is the worst thing in the D.R. she called 911. I live fairly close to the presidential palace so the took about 15 minutes to arrive. Then started the confusion. At first they thought i was DEAD! My wife said no i was breathing so they then decided that after some minutes that the undead man must be taken to hospital. This started a argument as ware to take me. They at last decided to take me to a hospital that was clear on the other side of the city. I thought that strange as their is a clinic 3 about 2 minutes from my home. having made that decision the show began. They needed my cedula in order to transport me in the ambulance. My wife did not know ware it was and an argument began about it's being requirement for transporting me. Finally my wife found it. [All during this process i was aware of what was going on as my sense of hearing and sight was not impared] So now the need of filling out forms to transport me were in process i estimate about half an hour was taken to do this. Ok so now how do we get him out to the alambance as the gurney would no fit in the small hall way. After much conversation as to how to do this my vecino brought a plastic chair over and they managed to get me into it. Causing much brusing and banging of my body. So they slide me out to the street. Now they need to take the gurney from the van and lode me on to it. This becomes another major problem as the wheels are stuck. And the gurney would not extend so i can be placed in the van. Finally 10-15 minutes with help from the now formed croud they got it up. Now to get it inside the van they pushed it up to the bumper but it would not slide done for loading. To resolve this they rooled it some 19 feet from the van and with 4 people pushing crashed it into the bumper and it collapsed as was intended to do. So now i am on the gurney half in and half out of the van. This created another great argument as what to do. Finally the vecino came to the rescue by bringing a wooden post to pry me in as the wheels were frozen. This caused the gurney to crash in to the van and cause me more bashing. [ Thankfully i could feel nothing as all i could do was see and hear. Now we set off to the hospital on the other side of town. [Passing 2 other hospitals on the way. Do to traffic they decided to go on side streets to miss the traffic lights. This caused another conflict as they were now LOST! Asking people on the street which way to go which made many people to want to see the dead man in the Ambulance causing more confusion as each person had conflicting way's to go. So i estimated we were in transit for around an hour or more. Finally all the ambulance people started clapping. We had arrived at the Gauteiar hospital. This arrival was met with no one from the hospital being present so they had to go find some one to direct us as to ware to go. This took considerable time as no one knew who was in charge of the in ramp. Finally a young man came and told us the Hospital was full and i could no be admitted. This caused quite a bit of arguing as the ambulance crew stated they were only directed to take people to the hospital not re-transport them to another as they were not told this was permitted. So end result they decided to deposit me in the entrance way of the on ramp. So they asked the hospital for a gurney to leave me on. The hospital of responded as i was not a patient they could not let me use one of their gurneys. The Ambulance people [I say people as no one could be so stupid and be given a job of any kind in the health profession.] said they could not leave their gurney so they decided to place me on the cement ramp and leave. Lucky me their was an old man moping the ramp and watching all the big fight going on with an ambalance crew and hospital people. At this time he interjected that in the ware house their was an old rusty gurney with no wheels they could put me on. This resolved both ambalence and hospital people of any problem with their equipment as no one knew who the old gurney belonged to. So the push me thru cobb webbs and bug to the interior of the whare house and place me on what was an old rusty metal slab.. Thus with all their responsibility accounted for both hospital and ambalance people leave. By this time i think that's it in the next thousand years they will find my bones and declare me a MUMMY. I am now starting to feel my arthritus pain and decide i'm not going to die al least not at this moment. My voice comes back and i start calling out for help. At all this time my wife was at reception paying and filling out reems of paper to have me interred in this great HOSPITAL. Upon paying for my stay and hospital bed she is given a reciept and told to have me brought to reception. This causes quite a problem as now no one knows ware i am i'm still in the ware house unable to move. So still calling for help the rescue is accomplished by the great old man with the mop. I ask him please find my wife and tell her ware i am. The GREAT OLD GUY marches off and after who knows how long my wife appears. At this time i am in no mood to be interned in said hospital and inform my wife to get a taxi hire a wheel chair and get me out of this place of horror. Wheel chair and taxi found i now want to just go home. This all started at about 6 in the morning i arrived back home 12 pm.
    So i just want you to know what will happen when you call 911 in Santo Domingo. If you do call 911 i wish you luck and hope the outcome i better than mine.

I home medicated myself and am fine now changed my diet and life stile and hope to last a fue more years. What they do with me after i am gone i care not except don't call 911
    xstew experience

10. Likes caribmike, 2dlight, Matilda, malko, dulce liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Incredible - just incredible.....

I can imagine it.... but would hate to have it happen to me

The good news is you're still here...felicidades!!

Thanks for your story

Those of you in SD- take note... BBird !!

It reinforces this thread - make plans if you can
    Be prepared

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe your story completely since I've been to four different hospitals, not for me but for my mother, and three of the four were worthy of a documentary about surviving a trip to a DR hospital. The modes of transportation varied from being carried by two random young men in the street, to an actual 911 trip to the most distant hospital from our point of origin.

13. Likes dulce liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

One last thing about this fiasco getting the word out about what to expect and hopefully the people running 911 will read this and take the proper actions [ training of the personal on 911 calls] I feel the 911 idea was in the right direction even though it was mostly political. That is what caused the problem. Initiated to fast without proper training and procedures to handle what is an EMERGENCY. Their should not be any of these errors if they had proper training.
    1. respond rapidly
    2. No unreasonable paperwork I.E. need for cedula, asking proof of nationality, and if you have insurence. All those questions could be asked after the patient is under medical observation.
    3.train the drivers in the location and quickest direction of the hospitals.
    4. Train both hospital and medics in the importance of cooperating in the best interest of the patient. no arguments about petty subjects such as this is mine you can't have it crap.
    5. Have personel [not necessarly medical but at least people with authority at the arrival area] that have commen sense and take charge know how.
    6. Keep the first thing upmost in mind they have a injured person to attend to.
    All this should have been accomplished prior to putting 911 in service.

It's a great service 911 if it is administrated properly. And trained people are in charge of the operation.
    Apparently much is needed to be done.
    I hope no one has to experience what i wen thru. I think maybe i was put thru this in order to bring to light the need for TRAINING and compassion on the part of the 911 personnel. In the military i was taught save the troop and ask his name later.

15. Likes dulce liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I think all of DR is trained at being disorganized and easily distracted. This 911 story reminds me of the other day when getting my oil changed.
    At the shop a Fourtrunner also came in wanting 5 brand new tires (spare too). Big sale for the shop.
    They put big jacks under the front and back, lifted all 4 off the ground and 4 guys got on it. But after they got two tires off a friend came in on a moto to just put free air in his tire alongside the vehicle they were working on and all 4 of them had to stop doing what they were to stand and talk. And of course my oil change guy had to stop too because he did not want to miss the local chisme.

The bad thing is after Dominicans talk they forget what they were doing. I won't call 911 either

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast