Wifes I130 Approved Sent to NVC

S

suarezj519

Thought I'd post this here since it seems the dominicans to the USA website is pretty much dead.

Any insight on this would be most appreciated.

So my wife's i130 has been approved back on the 6th of June and was sent to NVC the 18th. NVC as of today (July 1st) is processing cases from the 12th of June, so I should hear something back hopefully soon with the case number. My question is, the whole NVC process. It states that she will receive a packet? Is that actually true as the DR isn't known for postal service? Also can I act as the agent and sign the ds-260 and other forms. She is not very tech savvy and I would like to just do them for her. I have all of the supporting documents and financial stuff ready with AOS ready to go

D

DRdreaming

Thought I'd post this here since it seems the dominicans to the USA website is pretty much dead.

Any insight on this would be most appreciated.

So my wife's i130 has been approved back on the 6th of June and was sent to NVC the 18th. NVC as of today (July 1st) is processing cases from the 12th of June, so I should hear something back hopefully soon with the case number. My question is, the whole NVC process. It states that she will receive a packet? Is that actually true as the DR isn't known for postal service? Also can I act as the agent and sign the ds-260 and other forms. She is not very tech savvy and I would like to just do them for her. I have all of the supporting documents and financial stuff ready with AOS ready to go
After 4 weeks you can call the NVC and ask for your case number. With this number you can go online and register an agent(contact person - you should put yourself as the contact person). You then wait a day, and call them back, and they will then confirm this with you over the phone.

Keep logging in until you see the option to pay fees become available. Pay these fees.

This unlocks the ds260.

You may fill it out for her, with the information she provides to you.

You will receive your packet by email with instructions for sending required documents.

Submit this....and wait....and wait...until they review and you see case complete when you sign into ceac.

They embassy sends the open appointment list to the NVC during the last few days of the month. Expect to receive your interview date information by the end of the first week of the month, if you have your case complete by the 25th.

There are exceptions to this. I was told that all dates were filled when I called, and two days later received my interview date information by email.

If you have any questions Iet me know. Or check the website visajourney. There is lots of useful information there.

Good luck!!

Sent from my SM-J810M using Tapatalk

J

jstarebel

DRdreaming spelled it out for you.. I just checked the DTTUSA website. It's been a long time since I checked into that board They (D-mo) helped me a lot many years ago. It's never been a busy forum, but I see D-mo is still posting answers, and he keeps up on everything immigration. There is also a host of updated information on the site to direct you throughout the entire process. All one has to do is look around the site to find answers. Good luck with your visa journey.. It's a long tough road.

Last edited: