Hey everyone

757Pilot

Hello everyone. Just started traveling to the DR as I have started dating someone that lives there. Met her in Miami and am going to start traveling there frequently and possibly attempt to live there part time. Just turned 40 and decided it’s time to get serious about getting serious with someone.

J

jd426

Does she have a B1 / B2 Visa ? since you met her in Miami, I assume she does ..

757Pilot

Does she have a B1 / B2 Visa ? since you met her in Miami, I assume she does ..

Yes. She is a physician in Santo Domingo. We actually met in the airport waiting in line for pizza. We hit it off. She has been traveling here to see me for about 6 months and we have taken a couple trips to Colombia and Mexico. I decided I wanted to see how she lives, which she has been trying to get me to fly over for months, and I’m going to start traveling over during my during my days off.

She has no desire to live here but said maybe if we decide this is more than just travel and fun then she may be open to it. But she has a good life there and makes good money. I’ve tried to explain the money here would be much better.

J

jd426

Sounds like a Nice situation for both of you. She does not sound desperate to come here, that is certainly a good sign . And has her own Money, by all means you should pursue it .
Plus u are with the Airlines, so that makes it even easier to visit ..
Sounds perfect.

757Pilot

Sounds like a Nice situation for both of you. She does not sound desperate to come here, that is certainly a good sign . And has her own Money, by all means you should pursue it .
Plus u are with the Airlines, so that makes it even easier to visit ..
Sounds perfect.

I think so! I really wasn’t even looking for anyone. Just made a joke about the pizza and she laughed. I invited her to sit and the rest is history.

I was expecting her to ask for money or help when we first met and started talking. I see a lot of suckers at work who have girlfriends in Colombia that they send money to for all kinds of BS reasons. But when she comes to visit she pays for meals and things we do. I don’t know how much she makes but she always has cash, she has credit cards, a new car, is always busy in her office.

And before anyone asks, as plenty have, I’ve seen her medical license. I was skeptical at first. Women will tell you all kinds of things. So, on her second trip here we went to see my sister who is also a doctor and their conversation quickly turned into medicine. And my sister agreed that she is a doctor and that she gives her seal of approval.

We will see. Time will tell how things go. But it’s going good so far!

B

Big

Greetings 757. I have been telling chicas in Sosua for years I'm a pilot, Doctor or ball player. So much more exciting than a sales rep

D

Derfish

Welcome 757. I think I rode on a 757 once. Stick around and you'll get to know us here.

Derfish

C

cavok

Welcome 757. Closest I ever got to flying a 757 was sitting in the jumpseat. Awesome takeoff performance!

I'm sure you've heard plenty of stories of pilots and their foreign wives and girlfriends. Keep your emergency checklist handy.

E

El Rey de Mangu

Welcome 757. Closest I ever got to flying a 757 was sitting in the jumpseat. Awesome takeoff performance!

I'm sure you've heard plenty of stories of pilots and their foreign wives and girlfriends. Keep your emergency checklist handy.

Sometimes, when I used to go to the bomba and get loaded on Brugal blanco and coca cola, and buy the chicas beers while they frequented the bathroom every 7.3 minutes in pairs, I was a pilot. I recall having been on the space shuttle at one time. In fact, I could have told you how it blew up.

C

ctrob

I was given the controls of a Piper Cherokee last week. Way cool. I figure my next step up will be a 757. They have to be pretty similar?

J

JDJones

Yes. She is a physician in Santo Domingo. We actually met in the airport waiting in line for pizza. We hit it off. She has been traveling here to see me for about 6 months and we have taken a couple trips to Colombia and Mexico. I decided I wanted to see how she lives, which she has been trying to get me to fly over for months, and I’m going to start traveling over during my during my days off.

She has no desire to live here but said maybe if we decide this is more than just travel and fun then she may be open to it. But she has a good life there and makes good money. I’ve tried to explain the money here would be much better.

Why buy the cow if you get the milk for free?

I know a lot of female doctors here in SD, and there's not a bad looking one in the bunch (Except Maria, but that's another story)

And welcome to the board, BTW.

N

NanSanPedro

Greetings 757. I have been telling chicas in Sosua for years I'm a pilot, Doctor or ball player. So much more exciting than a sales rep

Hope that works for you. Telling them I'm Albert Pujols is not going near as well as I had hoped.

757Pilot

I prefer honesty with people in general. I don't need to lie to pickup girls or make friends.

757Pilot

Interesting user name. Do you work in aviation? ATC maybe?