WhatsApp Limiting Service

W

waytogo

WhatsApp, the messaging platform has announced that they will withdraw service from several models of cell phones from 1 July 2019. The application will no longer be available on Blackberry, Windows Phone and those with a version before Android 2.3.3, Windows Phone 7 and iOS 7. Besides, phones with Blackberry OS, Blackberry 10, and Windows Phone 8 will only have service until the end of this year. Those phones with a version of Android 2.3.7 up to Android 4 will continue to receive assistance until February 2020.

DR1 Daily News - Tuesday, 2 July 2019

M

melphis

The newer Blackberry phones like the KeyOne use a 7.1 andoid system so they will be good for quite some time

J

JDJones

Crackberry addicts.....a lot of BB lovers ..I’m not one :)

I've got a few acquaintances who still swear by BB for the security.

One of them has the square one I find incredibly difficult to carry and use.

I bought a OnePlus and never looked back.

T

the gorgon

I've got a few acquaintances who still swear by BB for the security.

One of them has the square one I find incredibly difficult to carry and use.

I bought a OnePlus and never looked back.

if i had your means, i too would have a One Plus...the very best. i have to settle for a Xaomi Redmi Note 7...

W

waytogo

WhatsApp takes first place
According to Statista.com, the social network most used by Dominicans is not Facebook, Instagram or YouTube, but rather WhatsApp.

Whatsapp is the preferred social network, with 77% of the social network users in the country.
This is followed by Facebook with 73%, YouTube at 46% and Instagram with 41%.

Even though Instagram is in fourth place, the Dominican Republic is one of the countries with the highest penetration of the app.

In fifth place is Snapchat with 23%, then Twitter with 21%, and finally LinkedIn and Tumblr with 4% each.

https://www.diariolibre.com/actualid...nos-FF13257651

DR1 Daily News - Wednesday, 3 July 2019

M

melphis

Stop being cheap bastards and buy a modern phone.

I paid about $350 USD for a BB Key One last year. The Key Two goes for over $400 USD right now. They are basically everything an Android phone is with but BB security and an actual keyboard. I tried a few Samsungs and they were fine but I missed the keyboard. I tried an I phone and I am not a fan of apple products.
I think a lot of it has to do with what you are familiar with. There is no right or wrong just preference.