Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Airfare deals

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post
    My observations too, although I am lot less flexible than you and tend to travel in HIGH season.

I have had alerts that lasted less than 4 hours.

I set alerts on Kayak and googleflights and I am ready to pull my cc anytime. I don't really see any clear trend with best day to buy, but I would say weekends are almost always more expensive to buy (I have seen drops on Sunday nights though).

I flew into STI and left from SDQ for 298 on Spirit this past february, so I believe you since it was during the kids february break.

I admit, looking for fares is a kinda of a hobby, but it s work................
    Exactly, I don't believe there are any set rules to follow for best fare. Best fares this week maybe Tuesday, next week Thursday, following week Wednesday at 1 AM.

You just need to keep looking and as mentioned be prepared to play games. Every person will be different when it comes to buying airline ticket.

Myself flying out of EWR guarantees me non-stop flights to SDQ. I am frequent flyer with United so even if Spirit was $100 bucks less the perks I get with United make up for the extra cost.

The frequent flyer mile points I try to save for summer or Christmas time use when fares are the highest. Even that is tricky because of black out dates.

NOW who is going to be the first to post $59 round trip to PUJ from NYC due to all the bad DR publicity. :-)

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

cheapest flights from EWR to PUJ I have seen in a while.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post
    Agree with you, although I have seen prices not available (DELTA love doing that !!!), but I almost always manage to find another flights or combinations.

Also, I am not going to look for 150 RT to DR, so I have an idea of when I should pull the plug. Multicity are often better deals. In DR, I often piece one/way together, so I could fly in and leave from different airports and/or different airlines, whatever comes the most convenient or cheapest.
    Yes, try in all ways possibles, sometimes buying 2 tickets one way also is cheaper than book a return flight using same dates.

4. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Exactly, I don't believe there are any set rules to follow for best fare. Best fares this week maybe Tuesday, next week Thursday, following week Wednesday at 1 AM.

You just need to keep looking and as mentioned be prepared to play games. Every person will be different when it comes to buying airline ticket.

Myself flying out of EWR guarantees me non-stop flights to SDQ. I am frequent flyer with United so even if Spirit was $100 bucks less the perks I get with United make up for the extra cost.

The frequent flyer mile points I try to save for summer or Christmas time use when fares are the highest. Even that is tricky because of black out dates.

NOW who is going to be the first to post $59 round trip to PUJ from NYC due to all the bad DR publicity. :-)
    Not sure, but if it happens, I would be in that flight

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by healimonster View Post
    cheapest flights from EWR to PUJ I have seen in a while.
    What is cheap?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    Usually when you check too many times for a far price tend to go up, and sometimes you see a cheap flight and wne you pick up says price is not avilable or show you higher price..
    Borrow your neighbor's computer or clear out cookies and the lower price will come back Found that out 10 years ago.
    Derfish

8. Likes BermudaRum liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    What is cheap?
    $357 for good times and days of the week in November.

"Prices are $270 cheaper than usual" according to google flights.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a flight from Brussels to Santo Domingo for the fall.
    There used to be a flight Brussels-Punta Cana- Santo Domingo but like I said, used to be.
    Whoever introduces the old again to recognize the new, can be a teacher to others.
    (Confucius)

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    Borrow your neighbor's computer or clear out cookies and the lower price will come back Found that out 10 years ago.
    Derfish
    The cookies thing is a myth.

Flight go up and down, nothing to do with cookies.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank recktenwald View Post
    Looking for a flight from Brussels to Santo Domingo for the fall.
    There used to be a flight Brussels-Punta Cana- Santo Domingo but like I said, used to be.
    TUI is now making on Tuesday BRU-SDQ-PUJ-BRU and sunday BRU-SDQ-POP-BRU

13. Likes frank recktenwald liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast