Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54

Thread: Airfare deals

  1. #1
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Airfare deals

    Quote Originally Posted by Bundel2014 View Post
    Cheap real cheap flights,comming soon...........
    Don't bank on it. The airlines will just reduce the number of flights first and I even doubt that will happen.

  2. #2
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bigbird,Jet Blue is already dropping,and no plans to cut flights,from their own corporate offices.

  3. #3
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bundel2014 View Post
    Bigbird,Jet Blue is already dropping,and no plans to cut flights,from their own corporate offices.
    As of yet, if it gets to the point Jet Blue is sending down four flights a day half empty they will cut back on number of flights.

    I would ride this out a couple months and see what happens. Too early to speculate. Peak hurricane season if very close and prices drop every year because of that.

    Just too soon to guess, my thoughts things won't end up no where near as bad as some are speculating.

  4. #4
    Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bundel2014 View Post
    Bigbird,Jet Blue is already dropping,and no plans to cut flights,from their own corporate offices.
    How about posting some factual information about fares? Instead of your personal conclusion, without facts, that Jet Blue is dropping fares?

    For example, I booked a flight about a month ago from the US. to PUJ. For mid-November. When I look today on the Jet Blue site, the fare is exactly the same price on that day as it was that one month ago. This does not support the conclusion that Jet Blue is dropping fares.

    Granted, this is just one fare, one day. Do you have other facts? Maybe I misunderstand what you mean when you say "dropping."

  5. Likes bigbird liked this post
  6. #5
    Gold
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by franco1111 View Post
    How about posting some factual information about fares? Instead of your personal conclusion, without facts, that Jet Blue is dropping fares?

    For example, I booked a flight about a month ago from the US. to PUJ. For mid-November. When I look today on the Jet Blue site, the fare is exactly the same price on that day as it was that one month ago. This does not support the conclusion that Jet Blue is dropping fares.

    Granted, this is just one fare, one day. Do you have other facts? Maybe I misunderstand what you mean when you say "dropping."
    Not sure where you are flying from, but I NEVER ever buy tickets that far in advance ...
    The Strike zone used to be 3-6 weeks out, now its around 2 weeks ... I have even chanced it to 3 days before, and never got screwed on the price.
    BUT, then my dates are somewhat Flexible, and I will NOT buy if the fares jump drastically ..

    So you are basing your observations on your experience only.. and I doubt you are checking prices AFTER you already bought your Tickets.

    If they have Empty seats a week out, I guarantee you they will drop fares ..

    They are slick about it though .. for example I bought a ticket for like $245 i think it was 8 days out , .. to STI .. that sale lasted all of about 4 hours .
    they only needed to DUMP probably a dozen seats .. ( and YES that is a ROUND trip Ticket)

    If you are shrewd about how you buy and if you are on your computer anyway for business.. keep kayak window open , you might be surprised what you may find ...

    "Dropping price" does not mean WIDE OPEN drop for everyone to see , for days on end .. its a very short Window .

  7. Likes Africaida liked this post
  8. #6
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    @jd426 what city are you flying to la rep dom from?

  9. #7
    Gold
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    @jd426 what city are you flying to la rep dom from?
    JFK To STI

    and I guarantee you I can find a ticket for end of THIS month for around $345 or less
    Right now they are all over $400 ( correction over $500, and no way i am paying that )
    Tonight going into TUESDAY Early AM , is traditionally a good time to buy
    2nd best day is SUNDAY evening .

  10. #8
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    JFK To STI

    and I guarantee you I can find a ticket for end of THIS month for around $345 or less
    Right now they are all over $400 ( correction over $500, and no way i am paying that )
    Tonight going into TUESDAY Early AM , is traditionally a good time to buy
    2nd best day is SUNDAY evening .
    I fly EWR (Newark, NJ) to SDQ and from now till mid August you won't find anything under $500 and the $500 and small change is Economy with no frills. I certainly have not seen any price drop with United out of EWR but that is the only airline and route I will fly.

  11. #9
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ooops, I think we are starting to stray off topic. maybe a separate thread on airline prices as a result of the most recent bad publicity. this way if someone does indeed find a great deal they can post it............. si?

  12. #10
    Gold
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I fly EWR (Newark, NJ) to SDQ and from now till mid August you won't find anything under $500 and the $500 and small change is Economy with no frills. I certainly have not seen any price drop with United out of EWR but that is the only airline and route I will fly.
    I will PM you when I see something, and save the Screenshot ..

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •