• Thread starter william webster
  • Start date

Drivers License Renewal

W

william webster

If I understand correctly....on the north coast only Nagua and Pto Plata have offices for renewal.
I asked at RSJ last week and was told to go to Nagua

There used to be a mobile unit that traveled town to town... doesn't seem to be any more.

What are the steps/requirements for renewal?
I expect a BanReservas payment.... eye test....

C

CG

Nagua works well, take your old license, cedula and the receipt from Ban Reservas, there was an eye chart but I wasn't asked to read from it. The whole process took less than 15 minutes..

Last edited:
W

windeguy

Puerto Plata was the only office I was aware of, still works best for me since I am in Cabarete.

I am gathering the documents for my citizenship application along with the Apostilles and Translations needed for those from outside the DR.

Did you just have two names on your Cedula, Like John Doe? Or did you have a name like John James Doe?

I have three names on my current Cedula and would prefer to keep it as is.

Last edited:
W

william webster

I have 3.... on all my documents.... Cdn Passport, cedula, license

William Baxter Webster..... of course here - they call me William Baxter

W

windeguy

I have 3.... on all my documents.... Cdn Passport, cedula, license

William Baxter Webster..... of course here - they call me William Baxter

Same thing on all my documents, DR No Vota cedula, DR Residency, DR Driver's license, US Passport, all already have three names. Just hoping that will suffice when I become a citizen.

W

william webster

I was in/out for my new license in 10 minutes or less

890 pesos(?) at the bank
but they take credits cards in INTRANT

Yes - they did the eye test
I got a few giggles from the girls for my Three Blind Mice act..bouncing off the wall

Fingerprint ---- and out

Painless.... easy..,.. fast

Thanks for the help

W

waytogo

Glad all turned out well for you, case closed............
Anything more with substance, PM me to re-open....

W

william webster

I forgot to mention that since this is a government office, the normal rules apply...
Long sleeves for women etc
I got away with shorts... maybe a fluke

But if you’re driving from out of town.... better safe than sorry ??????

R

Riva_31

Finally after almost a year with my driver licence I renewed yesterday, In few days will have 1 year expired so I skiped the extra fee they add for not renew on time, 890.00 pesos paid with my credit card on the webpage of intrant, went to Santo Domingo kiosk in Multicentro La Sirena in Churchill Ave. they work fast.

C

cavok

I forgot to mention that since this is a government office, the normal rules apply...
Long sleeves for women etc
I got away with shorts... maybe a fluke

But if you’re driving from out of town.... better safe than sorry ������

Never really thought about it, but I wore shorts when I took my drivers test in POP last year. Maybe I just got lucky, too(?).

Never heard of a rule requiring women to wear long sleeves(?).

C

Cdn_Gringo

Any official photograph for a document seems to have the same set of requirements.

It's not the long sleeves so much as having the shoulders and cleavage covered for the ladies.

D

drstock

Any official photograph for a document seems to have the same set of requirements.

It's not the long sleeves so much as having the shoulders and cleavage covered for the ladies.

So as a man I can show off my cleavage?

W

william webster

A woman was turned away at the door.... bare shoulders...

Perhaps not long sleeve rule ... but bare shoulders = No!
1/2 sleeves for sure

C

cavok

A woman was turned away at the door.... bare shoulders...

Perhaps not long sleeve rule ... but bare shoulders = No!
1/2 sleeves for sure

Bare shoulders? OMG - que descarada! I think women do have to wear a short-sleeved blouse(?).

L

lifeisgreat

Unique opportunity to get your driver's license
Mayor Ilana Neumann and the director of Transit and Transport Luz Tejeda announced that from Monday 8 to Friday 12 July you can obtain your driver's license at Sosúa's town hall. This requires proof of good behavior for 600 Peso. The theoretical exam 1380 Peso and the practical test 980 Peso. To be paid in the Banco Reserva. There will be a trailer designed as an office during this week in front of the town hall where you can settle everything to obtain your license.

https://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=5598&article=1

W

william webster

This is to get one ... right ?
Not renew

Beats hauling your carcass to POP... for sure