Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Rey de Mangu View Post
    I believe it is considered proper service if they publish the summons in the newspapers (where, don't know) in paternity cases between DR and US (unless the law or the reciprocation agreements have changed, which is quite possible). The mother (in DR) would not have to appear in court in order to have a support order granted.
    Where did you get that from?

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ooh La La, USN View Post
    Where did you get that from?

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk
    It's called service by publication I guess, to clarify. where'd you get your stuff from?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would a US court administrate a Dominican court order?
    I was opining based on the proffer offered by another poster that there may be a treaty or convention in force that would allow for the collection of support payments by the mother if she possesses an order from a Dominican court.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Rey de Mangu View Post
    It's called service by publication I guess, to clarify. where'd you get your stuff from?
    None of what you wrote is true. Family court and civil court no son los mismos. And who cares about some court in another country? You guys go hard for these women for some reason. Its like an addiction or something to try and fix other peoples problems and moral gladhand at the same time.

Sent from the Federation Intergalactic space vessel: DromOlax 3B55-90R

5. Dislikes El Rey de Mangu disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    I was opining based on the proffer offered by another poster that there may be a treaty or convention in force that would allow for the collection of support payments by the mother if she possesses an order from a Dominican court.
    I have been saying the same thing for 5 years. It is so easy to look up. Go to the US State Department website and search international child support treaties and it will list all the countries the US cooperates with for child support.
    And like I asked the last guy "Why would an American court care about some court proceeding in another country?

7. Dislikes El Rey de Mangu disliked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Our daughter is a senior probation officer in New Jersey, and until recently she was in Child Support (over 10 years). NJ absolutely does collect child support for parents with court orders from the Dominican Republic. (As well as other countries, but that’s not the topic here).

Wrecksum, where does the father live in the USA?

Administrator
    DR1.com

9. Likes Matilda, wrecksum, keepcoming liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

None of what you wrote is true. Family court and civil court no son los mismos. And who cares about some court in another country? You guys go hard for these women for some reason. Its like an addiction or something to try and fix other peoples problems and moral gladhand at the same time.

well, firstly, service via publication can be done. I did not state that it was 100% in this case - I actually indicated I really wasn't 100% sure above). I do not get paid for legal advice. Secondly, as AE says below, NJ collects the support - which is what I was getting at. Maybe not in your required format. Commando!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    If the father is uncooperative and his lack of support suggests that is/will be the case, then, at the very least the Mother needs a Dominican Court Order for support and then will have to drag the Father into a US court to have the DR order enforced. A court order is worthless without the means of enforcing it.
    The main issue would seem to be getting a Dominican court to give an order of support. In one of your posts Wrecksom - you stated that the mother had gotten a divorce there with "no financial support" -- right? So that would seen to be the very first step - to Get a Dominican Court order for support...

then the steps to get that enforced in the US can be looked into...

https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/ho...-country-34449

12. Likes Derfish, bienamor liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Our daughter is a senior probation officer in New Jersey, and until recently she was in Child Support (over 10 years). NJ absolutely does collect child support for parents with court orders from the Dominican Republic. (As well as other countries, but that’s not the topic here).

Wrecksum, where does the father live in the USA?
    Thank you.
    This is what I have heard.
    The father lives in Maryland.

What would be the name of the office in Spanish where she would make the first approach for child support here on DR?Would anyone happen to know?
    My Spanish is adequate for daily use but not enough to navigate the DR govt website.She,like many locals, is extremely wary of anything to do with local government but if I can push her in the right direction she will be able to manage from there.

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

FISCALÍA DE NIÑOS, NIÑAS, ADOLESCENTES DE PUERTO PLATA
    C/Prof. juan Boch #143, Puerto Plata
    Tel.809-320-0388

Matilda

Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums
    www.DR1.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast