Ryan owner of Britannia Pub Sosua VERY ill

P

Polar Bear

I have no idea why this has not been mentioned here considering the number of DR1 members that are also customers and one would hope friends of https://www.facebook.com/ryan.shepherd.3511 who owns https://www.facebook.com/Britannia-Pub-Sosua-359195294899434/

Ryan had a brain aneurism on June 27th and is in a medically induced coma, in hospital in Santo Domingo. He has a long recovery to look forward to, and that's the positive news. His family has set up https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-ryan-shepherd and there is all the details there.

Please donate should you be willing and able.

B

badpiece33

No scam he is in a coma in the hospital at this time

M

mobrouser

It is very easy to give unintentional likes or dislikes when scrolling on atablet..
I'm not sure why so many people are so focused on the likes/dislikes. Just read the thread.

Best wishes to Ryan.

T

travelbear

Wishing Ryan a full recovery. Ryan is a good man who was always willing to talk and have coffee with. Hope for the best for him and all his family and staff at Britannia affected by this extremely sad event

G

GuillermoRamon

On a better note, my initial guess is the reason a thread wasnt started here, because most folks who know him, like myself, are already part of a facebook group, getting updates as they come in, not only regarding his health, but also for fundraising for him to aid him during recovery. Should you want to know the group, PM me if you aren't already aware of it.

G

GuillermoRamon

I have just learned that Ryan has passed away :(

Bendiciones!!

P

Polar Bear

On a better note, my initial guess is the reason a thread wasnt started here, because most folks who know him, like myself, are already part of a facebook group, getting updates as they come in, not only regarding his health, but also for fundraising for him to aid him during recovery. Should you want to know the group, PM me if you aren't already aware of it.

Perhaps you could elaborate on why posting on DR1 is no longer relevant, necessary or beneficial, or whatever you were trying to convey. In a more appropriate thread however, this is not the place.

R.I.P. Ryan. I'm very glad we had a chance to chat and hangout. You're missed by many.

R

Ricardo900

Sad to hear about Ryan! Condolences to his family. I was always a big fan of the "Fish & Chips" at Britannia and I would chat with him often.

J

JDJones

I remember one time talking to Ryan cashing in up in the states and coming down here to start a new life after a good friend lost his life in an industrial accident at his work.

I never doubted he could do it - he was a pretty adaptable guy and made friends easily.

I'm so glad he had the chance to do it, and it hurts my heart he was taken so soon.

Rest in peace Kiddo. Until we meet again.

J

jd426

Sorry to hear this Sad News ... Sincere Condolences to his Family and all his friends .

A

Abuela

From Matt at Midtown on FB:
After talking to Ryan's family and to help Sosua mourn the loss of our Good Friend Ryan Shepherd, Midtown Restaurant will be hosting a Celebration of Ryan's Life! This appropriately will be Thursday @ 2:00 when normally would be Britannia Pub Trivia! There will be a cash bar and food available with all proceeds going to Ryan's medical bills. Please spread the word as we need to raise as much as we can. Thanks Matteo