Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default lifestyles cabarete= boom or bust?

been coming down for about 15 years and have seen many changes. one big one was the construction and promise of lifestyles. I go by often but never see many people staying there. their dining room is gorgeous but I never see it really used. does anybody have any idea as to wether lifestyles has actually added anything to the community .do the people that stay get out and spend money in the town itself? do they also own that project next to them that was started but never completed? just wondering

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jfk-tampa View Post
    been coming down for about 15 years and have seen many changes. one big one was the construction and promise of lifestyles. I go by often but never see many people staying there. their dining room is gorgeous but I never see it really used. does anybody have any idea as to wether lifestyles has actually added anything to the community .do the people that stay get out and spend money in the town itself? do they also own that project next to them that was started but never completed? just wondering
    Good questions, actually, jfk. They were leaking septic water into the neighborhood streets for months and the stench was horrific. Other than the place being a monstrous eyesore, I have no idea about it (maybe an observation that I hardly see movement out front that would correlate to it's size). Only know that the vacation rental business is slimy and unethical.

3. Likes Big, Harleysrock liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard from an employee that it was full this weekend, but I find it hard to believe. Although I agree that it's an eyesore, especially the Times Square style illumination at night, I hope it succeeds, because I dread the idea of it closing and becoming yet another huge derelict monument to broken dreams.

I believe that they do own the adjoining unfinished project, but are unable to develop it because there are still unsettled claims by people who originally invested there.

5. Likes beeza, cavok, Harleysrock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The original explanation for the Cabarete location was that the Puerto Plata location was overbooked and they needed more space on the north coast of the DR. I too have wondered if they have many people there because it does not appear they are busy, but then there is little one can see from the street of the complex.

Full this past weekend? That is really hard to believe.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not likely that LS Cabarete will close. There is sufficient overflow demand from Cofresi to keep the place going. The big issue is the lack of a swimming beach on site. Members and AI guests in general may well hike to the main beach and sip on a cocktail but will not make a habit of doing that.

The food available on the property is very good and there is no justification to go somewhere else to purchase a meal. All of the suites offer full kitchens so the upper echelon members need not venture to the dining room as a chef will come to them and prepare meals en suite.

Unlike Corfresi, Cabarete is a small resort with not much to do day after day that doesn't get repetitive. Guests often split their time between the two N. Coast resorts. Your typical LS member guest does not windsurf nor go zip-lining. They buy into Lifestyles for above average accommodations, excellent food, name brand alcohol and to be pampered with attentive service.

8. Likes El Rey de Mangu liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

With the alleged plans by Marriott to open a W resort at the old Azzurro Club location with a similar to higher end client level to Lifestyles on Cabarete Beach, the times may be a changing.

For sure, Cabarete needs some draw to bring people back during these very low times. Not sure that exclusive hotels will do it, but they are probably better than nothing. As Lifestyles sells more memberships, more may come, like the area and retire here. That seems to be the way this area is going.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Must have a lot of chefs ?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw a Jeep stretch limo from Lifestyle passing through Sosua heading that way this morning. So some clients are coming

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    Saw a Jeep stretch limo from Lifestyle passing through Sosua heading that way this morning. So some clients are coming

or shooting an episode of Jersey Shore, one or the other

13. Likes Big liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The property attracts the "low roller" , crocs and muscle t shirts. They are not venturing to Bliss or Otra Cosa for dinner

15. Likes Harleysrock, Sosua Sonny liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast