Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my friends used to be a manager at Lifestyles. She said that in POP / Cabarete they have 250 salespeople working. I cannot imagine anything worse than going on vacation and having 250 salespeople hounding me from morning til night to buy . a timeshare. Seriously. Awful

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalPaul View Post
    One of my friends used to be a manager at Lifestyles. She said that in POP / Cabarete they have 250 salespeople working. I cannot imagine anything worse than going on vacation and having 250 salespeople hounding me from morning til night to buy . a timeshare. Seriously. Awful
    i don't think I've seen 250 sales people cumulatively in my entire life

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s a bit of a stretch. They have a small office in Playa Dorada and I’ve been to their resorts in Cofresi and Cabarete. The main sales staff are low key until they get you in the room to negotiate. It’s the poor Dominicans they hire to get you in that room. They are numerous, work like dogs for a small commission, and are like bacteria at times, fricken everywhere. . I’m a bit of a thorn in their side. If approached by sales staff, I tell them the deal I got in Playa Dorada and ask them to match it. They walk away disgusted. Got a few taxi rides and free lunches in Cofresi and one in Cabarete doing that. It’s fun if I need a diversion. The cost to get in their door ranges from$5000 to $150,000. I saw them hustle a big Russian guy one day. He said you tell me the price. If I can afford I will buy! They knew he had them by the short and curly parts. Lol!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Rey de Mangu View Post
    i don't think I've seen 250 sales people cumulatively in my entire life
    So you’ve never been to an Evangelical convention in the DR? Jajaja!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed there before and they did not bother us. If you tell them you are not interested or already done the tour they leave you alone. If I was looking to stay at an All Inclusive and they were running a special I would stay there again.

When we stayed there they let us drive our moped around inside the resort in Cofresi. I forget the cost but cheapcarribean.com was running a special but you had to have a passport from another country. There was a surcharge if you only had a Dominican Passport. I have no idea if they still run that same special.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456