Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    PICHARDO - has the mechanism of the "extension" been decided upon? If so, can you clarify what it will be?

Will it work for those that want to stay up to 6 months each year, yet still not force them to become DR residents? (That is my bottom line question.)
    It's been decided, but the implementation is far more complicated than previously expected.
    It's been done in steps, so some of the complications can be ironed out.

The biggest issue is data security. We can't store Passport data from non-Dominicans for longer than a set period of time, and this is much, much shorter than the system was being coded for. Also the change of Passport books is not an easy challenge to accommodate in the query when older data than permitted is removed from the data mining phase.

We are to meet two really different sets of security requirements for the USA/CAN to that of EU travellers data.
    The rest is not a problem. We have so far been utilizing the tourist card records for older data, but this is limited in scope.

The longer than 90 Days extensions (two 30 days in row after initial stay) is not possible at this time due to international refugee's rights automatic coverage after certain legal residency in the country, to which the DR is signatory. As you all are aware of the Haitian situation next door.

Until we don't execute the final immigration phase, we can't even begin to formulate a multiple months Visa for winter birds.
    One Dominican at a time please!

2. Likes Riva_31, CFA123 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Garyexpat View Post
    Why, a good step forward??? By your blog name life is great? Does it personally offend you, effect your life that others choose to use the system of paying the overstay fees?
    The day, if/when it comes (and I don't say it won't) that all us DR1ers are turned away some of you will surely have a party as it will be the highlight of your year, decade, life!!!
    Ummm I'm one of the overstayers ! It would be great for online process to extend was my point..

4. Likes Garyexpat liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PICHARDO View Post
    Don't really care at this point!

Enough I'd put here for who I am and etc...

Nobody else has disclosed as much as me here, ever. Not even the owners or the site. He he he...

Let them broil.

It's disclosed publicly, in entry rejections. Trust me, you can take the horse to the waterhole, but making it drink from it is a whole different ball game...
    PICHARDO
    will they warn a visitor when he leaves that he has been identified as a problem

and needs to apply for extension or residency before coming back to the DR?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NanSanPedro View Post
    It didn't come across that way.
    No it wasnt directed at you...

7. Likes waytogo, Harleysrock liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgreat View Post
    No it wasnt directed at you...
    Cool. As Chick Hearn would say, "No harm - No foul."

9. Likes waytogo, Harleysrock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    IPKnightly

Dueling data here...
    if you study/read this as much as I do.... you'll see conflicting numbers and opinions everywhere
    no agreement whatsoever

One thing that stands out....

a 74% drop in arriving passengers might cause flight cancellations - even airport closures

74% is BIG number.... and did NOT happen

somebody is fibbing to get a promotion - or circulation for their copy

74%.... think on that... very close to 100%
    give me some of the stuff you are smoking ( airport closersor flight cancellantion) tell did it snow in the usa your way of base.. but pass the pipe i'll try some

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    its ture, you can apply online here https://personal.migracion.gob.do/Ac...cation%2FIndex

you must create an user first.
    I was curious and took the hassle of registering just to check if this were true, but nowhere to be found is the possibility to extend the tourist visa online.

Please correct me if I am wrong, and provide the details where it can be found.

12. Likes Uzin, drstock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKNIGHT View Post
    give me some of the stuff you are smoking ( airport closersor flight cancellantion) tell did it snow in the usa your way of base.. but pass the pipe i'll try some
    The most recent is ---
    there has been a 74% drop in traffic across the Geo Washington Bridge
    18 people were furloughed

6 left to man the kiosks.... DISASTER !!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

People fuloughed for not crossing George's bridge?
    Derfish

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

A few points:

My friends and myself on various occasions have asked for receipts for exit fees that we pay, the answer: it's broken, the machine/computer is not working... !? So what do you do, stand there argue with a corrupt immigration officer or catch your flight... !

When people come back, the immigration officer can sure see that you have no exit date on the computer (even if half careful can see that, however, you have a exit stamp on your passport ...!), but this immediately tells him his gang of corrupt buddies (possibly himself) pocketed the exit fee and did not swipe the passport on your last exit. So what will he do (think about it), raise an alarm, deport and blacklist you, call his supervisor, questions you as where/when/how did you exit the country... !!!? No, he quickly stamp your passport and say "bien venido" and wave you through... lol

As for snowbirds being a small population of visitors, it may be true, but they make a bigger impact on communities than one or two weeks AI tourist who buys his package with his credit card abroad and never leaves the resort. In any case, with the same logic, such a small group do not bother the DR government and immigration when they have bigger fish to fry with Haitians and Venezuelans who are pouring in with large numbers. So they leave us alone, for a long while yet.... Why go through so much hassle and introduce new visa system, extension, etc. for a few well-behaved, well-spending bunch of good guys... !? (All gringo residents and citizens excluded, I have seen them, now so called being legal, don't care and don't behave any more... And find cheap offers and deals, so not spending much either....! lol)

And 80+ people were deported due to over-stay and we hear of just a few over the last 5 or 10 years....!? Okay, again, make up your own mind.....

P.S. If I was ever deported on my next entry I will let you know for sure. Perhaps as my last post on DR1 before joining one of Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Panama, Belize, Peru or Brazil expat forums (let me see, a few more I forgot, but hey, you got the message.)
    Last edited by Uzin; 07-12-2019 at 04:53 AM.

16. Likes El Rey de Mangu, drstock liked this post
Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast